What do you say...?

Cold knocking, usually house next door, I don't have a canned speech. But I always start by handing them a business card, saying my name, then "I'm the neighborhood agent for (company name)." Then go from there depending on what I want to accomplish and their response. I sometimes give them something like a calendar or other giveaway with my contact info imprinted.

At some point in the door conversation, I often ask, "So who do you have your life insurance with?"
1) If they answer "I don't have any", I say, "Good thing I stopped by, then! I'll be back in the neighborhood on Tuesday. Would that be a good day for us to talk about it?"
2) If they answer, "I have it with (company)", I ask, "When is the last time you reviewed your coverage? I'll be back in the neighborhood....etc."
3) If they say, "I've already got plenty" or "not interested", I let them go. I say, "Well, keep my card. If you know anybody that needs to talk to me, please let me know."

The whys
1-i get these all the time and I was curious
2-i thought it was medicare(something non FE)
3-i thought it was free

This whole all buyers have a solid up front WHY is such bonk.
I agree with this. I think if you just flat out ask "why?", you will more often than not get one of the answers you stated above. They will always revert to the path of least resistance.

I do believe that most of them have a "why" or a need, but you have to ask the right questions to find out exactly what that is. You are the professional. Ask them what their symptoms are, then YOU give the diagnosis.

If you have to CLOSE, and/or you are getting resistance, you are not asking the correct questions during the interview.

If you have to CLOSE, and/or you are getting resistance, you are not asking the correct questions during the interview.

This is for Final Expense prospects. Sometimes you have to help them get out of their own way to get the product they desperately want and need.

This is for Final Expense prospects. Sometimes you have to help them get out of their own way to get the product they desperately want and need.

That's why if ask, "what were you thinking when you sent this in?" is allows you to see what's going on upstairs in thier own words. Howevere, if you are still on the door step and asking this question... you are in the wrong place. You need to be seated in front the prospect at that time. You still need the skill to get in the door.

Hey Hooisier, not to bring up an alcohol soaked sore subject, but guess what I saw walking along the wall opposite to me as I was writting 2 aps yesterday.

That's why if ask, "what were you thinking when you sent this in?" is allows you to see what's going on upstairs in thier own words. Howevere, if you are still on the door step and asking this question... you are in the wrong place. You need to be seated in front the prospect at that time. You still need the skill to get in the door.

Hey Hooisier, not to bring up an alcohol soaked sore subject, but guess what I saw walking along the wall opposite to me as I was writting 2 aps yesterday.

If it was a bed bug, you better hire the exterminator. I def got them all, but for months I "felt" them crawling all over me.

Back