Where do MAPD Renewal Commissions go to upon Death of Writing Agent

ALL of my commissions are paid to my S-Corp. My wife owns 50% of the corporation, she’s listed on the articles of incorporation.
So, if I should die, commissions
to the corporation should continue.

Correct but your licensed with each company . Your just assigning the commissions to the Corp .If you pass somebody licensed will have to take your place to be licensed with each company . When Ahip rolls around somebody must take the test . I still believe you’ll have to transfer the business to your licensed wife . I’ll be digging into this next yr to set something up .

Last edited:
Correct but your licensed with each company . Your just assigning the commissions to the Corp .If you pass somebody licensed will have to take your place to be licensed with each company . When Ahip rolls around somebody must take the test . I still believe you’ll have to transfer the business to your licensed wife . I’ll be digging into this next yr to set something up

thanks. I was just thinking about this recently, I’m glad I saw this thread. I’ve always kept my wife licensed, but she’s not currently appointed with any insurance companies, hasn’t sold in over 10 years. I need to take care of this matter. My wife laughs and swears I’m going to outlive her but you never know. There could be a drive-by outside the senior center. Just my luck I’d get caught in a hail of gunfire between rival senior citizen gangs. That’s a problem in your area too, right?? LOL

N
thanks. I was just thinking about this recently, I’m glad I saw this thread. I’ve always kept my wife licensed, but she’s not currently appointed with any insurance companies, hasn’t sold in over 10 years. I need to take care of this matter. My wife laughs and swears I’m going to outlive her but you never know. There could be a drive-by outside the senior center. Just my luck I’d get caught in a hail of gunfire between rival senior citizen gangs. That’s a problem in your area too, right?? LOL

I don’t work senior centers but I’m occasionally in some really bad areas that few will go to . I have a friend who works tough project areas . He’s been robbed 3 times .

Back