Who has 22- 25 dollar Direct mail FE leads?

I'm pretty sure whenever there is a death claim that SL informs the beneficiary to check with Legacy for the savings.
Greg, why are you only “pretty sure” about this? If I offered this product, I’d want to know for certain exactly how my company handles it. Without having inside knowledge, I agree with Todd in his suspicion that at the point of need LA likely goes unused more often than not. Now, I can tell you that would NOT be the case if I was their agent and they called me before heading to the funeral home. For that reason, I wouldn’t have any trouble marketing such a product. But even us debit agents sometimes find out a client has died only after the claim is filed from the funeral home. I do my best to make sure the family calls me first, but a lot of them just prefer the funeral home handle everything. After all, Mama just died, they’re distraught, and the fewer calls they have to make, the better! Once they’re at the funeral home, there’s a nearly 0% chance that Legacy is getting that casket sale!

Last edited:
They aren't captive unless you want their perks, like leads. Bet you can't buy their leads and sell other companies instead! I'm not sure of their price for the leads, but if it is anything like LH's leads they are way overpriced.

Of course, if the leads are at a good price and you can still get them without having to sell SL, then sign me up! :jiggy:

Todd here are some facts to help you out...

DM leads are $25 in most states. FL, TX, and SC are $35. Ga, NC, and TN are $32. These leads are very directly worded and you just don't hear people saying "we thought this was something free from the gov;t".

These leads say "final expense", "life insurance", and "funeral expenses" on them. These leads also say, right where the prospect hand writes their age, spouse's name and age, phone #, "Not affiliated with or endorsed by the US Government, Federal Medicare Program, nor any state agency. Returned card requests free info about life insurance underwritten by Senior Life Insurance Company, Thomasville, Ga."

That's a strongly worded lead for only $25 each (except Fl, TX, SC, Ga, NC, and TN). Most agents can't generate DM leads that cheaply.

Todd, of course you should understand that SL doesn't make these leads available for you to write them with other carriers. SL is an insurance co. not a lead generating co. like Main Street, Lead Connection, etc. I'm surprised you made such a loser comment above in bold. What's up with that?

Hope this helps you have a better understanding.

Any agents that wish to find out more please call me. Especially Todd's agents....lol. All calls will be confidential.

I would answer your questions, but you seem not to have the intellect to understand things. Now go away One Trick Pony!

Todd, what kind of comment is that? You're starting to sound weaker and weaker. You avoid the question because you keep that info hidden from your agents. Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do is in your signature line. Are you saying that sentence is just for show, and you don't necessarily follow it?

Over priced? There you go again spouting wrong info. Let's look at an example for you......

Female, age 65, non tobacco user, started taking insulin at age 10, presently takes insulin for sugar, lisinopril for HBP, crestor for high cholesterol, and is 5'4" and 216.
$10k with $20k accidental death is $43.25 and this already INCLUDES the $3 membership.
Sentinel Security $10K/$42.42 a month for Level. They don't issue AD past age 60 and it expires at 65. If they could issue the AD on this example, the premium would be $43.50 a month. How long can the keep the AD with SL?

Okay smartass, if any agent asks what level we are on, I will tell them. I'm sure there are quite a few on here that would testify to that. Like I said before, you are just grasping at straws and each time you do it just shows your ignorance more and more.

It is so hard to tolerate chosen ignorance!

Greg, why are you only “pretty sure” about this? If I offered this product, I’d want to know for certain exactly how my company handles it. Without having inside knowledge, I agree with Todd in his suspicion that at the point of need LA likely goes unused more often than not. Now, I can tell you that would NOT be the case if I was their agent and they called me before heading to the funeral home. For that reason, I wouldn’t have any trouble marketing such a product. But even us debit agents sometimes find out a client has died only after the claim is filed from the funeral home. I do my best to make sure the family calls me first, but a lot of them just prefer the funeral home handle everything. After all, Mama just died, they’re distraught, and the fewer calls they have to make, the better! Once they’re at the funeral home, there’s a nearly 0% chance that Legacy is getting that casket sale!

I just called the claims dept. They said when a policy holder passes they let Legacy know that a policy holder has passed and also give the family Legacy's phone #, since SL and Legacy are 2 different entities.

When we sell this bundle to the client, they get their membership kit in the mail about 7-10 days later complete with question and answer section, 800# to call with questions, Legacy website, and their laminated membership card with the phone # also on the back of that.

Remember, Legacy wants to sell the casket, vault, and monument for $3500 as this is a profitable transaction for them and a huge $$$ saver for the deceased's family. Thanks for jarring me into making this call and finding out for sure. Looks like Todd is proven wrong again....lol.

Sentinel Security $10K/$42.42 a month for Level. They don't issue AD past age 60 and it expires at 65. If they could issue the AD on this example, the premium would be $43.50 a month. How long can the keep the AD with SL?

With AD SL is still 25 cents cheaper.
Without AD SL is 41.12 and this INCLUDES the $3 for Legacy. This of course is still cheaper than the $42.42 you're quoting above.

I would answer your questions, but you seem not to have the intellect to understand things. Now go away One Trick Pony!

Try me ....lol. Even if I don't have the intellect to understand maybe other agents will. Since you say you would answer my question (in your 1st 5 words above) I challenge you Todd to answer my question up here.
Can you do it Todd?

Over priced? There you go again spouting wrong info. Let's look at an example for you......

Female, age 65, non tobacco user, started taking insulin at age 10, presently takes insulin for sugar, lisinopril for HBP, crestor for high cholesterol, and is 5'4" and 216.
$10k with $20k accidental death is $43.25 and this already INCLUDES the $3 membership for Legacy. This is the super preferred rate AND it pays FULL commission with LIFE TIME renewals. There is no MIB either!

This is a great rate PLUS she can get her casket, vault, and monument locked in for $3500 for the rest of her life....even if she lives 50+ more years. She also gets to pick out which casket she likes way ahead of time so her kids won't be arguing which casket to get momma. She likes the peace of mind and how things will so much easier for her children on the saddest day of their life.

AND, she can get 4 other family members enrolled into Legacy for free, which means these 4 other family members also get their casket, vault, and monument locked in for $3500 for the rest of their lives and they don't have to get a life insurance policy either! Sure helps when dealing with couples and the husband wants them to put it off. The husband sees the value of Legacy and is much more inclined to have him and his wife sign up today.

Agents that have this kind of platform to make sales are just going to have a higher closing %. That's why one agent may get 4-5 applications out of 20 leads and a SL agent may get 5-7 applications out of those same 20 leads!

So you see Rouse, this is not a gimmick at all. It's a great sales aid. But you are up here everyday trashing different companies and different opportunities. Remember, that's what losers do. You never hear winning champions whine.

If any agents (including Todd's) want to have a confidential conversation please call me Mon thru Sat.
I have never put you down personally as you have me even though you know knowing about me or my record. What does that say about you? You quote rates for the super preferred, now give the rates for what everybody sells. Also, you will find very few negative comments about companies within my posts. But, if I do see something about a company that needs to be better, I am not so caught up in that company that I have to be intentionally blind to it or afraid to speak out about it..

With AD SL is still 25 cents cheaper.
Without AD SL is 41.12 and this INCLUDES the $3 for Legacy. This of course is still cheaper than the $42.42 you're quoting above.
Yes...if those figures are correct, then you barely came out on top on this example. :yes:

I'll ask again, at what age can you no longer offer the AD, and at what age does the AD disappear? :huh:

The value of Legacy is still being debated. :)

Back