Why Didn't I Focus on MA for the Last 10 Years?

I've never written more than a few dozen per AEP although I think that some of the people who do seminars can write a bunch at a time. I write a lot during the year. I mainly write my health clients who age in.

My concern concern is customer service. How many clients can you properly service and advise in 7 weeks?

I don't think that more than a few hundred clients can be properly serviced in that short a period of time.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear how others have managed to find ways of efficiently servicing an MA book of over 300.

Last edited:
That is phenomenal, if true. What area of the country is that, curious.

Got a friend in W-mt and so far he done 6 apps....put in lots of hours too.

Lot of agents around 35-45 apps by now, but this guy is smoking hot!!!

One guy has written 6 and put in tons of hours...

Another guy with a red cape on has written 100 and also serviced a book of 2000 clients...

Why do you think there is such a vast difference in production? They are both sitting at a Wal-mart

I will say this...If he is telling the truth then I feel really stupid driving all over the creation like I have been doing

I've never wrote more than a few dozen per AEP although I think that some of the people who do seminars can write a bunch at a time. I write a lot during the year. I mainly write my health clients who age in.

My concern concern is customer service. How many clients can you properly service and advise in 7 weeks?

I don't think that more than a few hundred clients can be properly serviced in that short a period of time.

If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear how others have managed to find ways of efficiently servicing an MA book of over 300.

same here, most of my money from AEP comes from cross sells of current clients and referrals. I dont do a whole lot of prospecting for new business this time of year. I spend most of AEP working my current BoB. And the bulk of my new business comes from T65 work the rest of the year.

We have right at 1500 Medicare clients, it takes more than the wife and I to take care of service. Plus we like our freedom during the down season so we have an awesome staff of two other than us. We could survive on three of us since the Obamacare money train stopped at the last station. (A $80k plus hit) But we will continue to grow, good staff is very hard to find so we'll keep her and be fine. I figure the four of us is all we need until we get north of 2300-2500 clients on Medicare.

I work with a guy who has a 1000 clients and right now he is seeing 30 of his CURRENT clients a week right now.

And all that time could be spent acquiring NEW clients and building your business, rather than simply retaining old ones in what is only the busiest time of year.

Sure it's good income and most are satisfied with it and more than happy to do the work trading their life hours for money. But imagine having 1000 clients and going into AEP each year paying renewals and adding 200-300 or more each year focusing on acquisition. Five years from now you'll be happy you did.

Because people with that kind of money don't think like you and me.

They think in terms of what time is costing them.

People with more money than time don't sit at booths all day.

They hire a team to do that for them!

The fact he doesn't think like most people may be the reason he has that kind of money. Sounds like sitting in the booth is what raised him to that level so if it is working why stop. There has long been an old adage among agents, "if is working, quit doing it.". Most of us have fallen prey to that at one time or another.

We have right at 1500 Medicare clients, it takes more than the wife and I to take care of service. Plus we like our freedom during the down season so we have an awesome staff of two other than us. We could survive on three of us since the Obamacare money train stopped at the last station. (A $80k plus hit) But we will continue to grow, good staff is very hard to find so we'll keep her and be fine. I figure the four of us is all we need until we get north of 2300-2500 clients on Medicare.

So you have four people servicing 1500 clients right now. So that's 375 per staff member. And you think your capacity is around 600 per staff member.

I wonder what you are doing that I'm not. You must have systems in place allow you to be very efficient. Please share an overview of how you help clients during the AEP.

I haven't certified with a MA carrier since a CGA with Florida Blue stole my renewals so I am not up to speed with the market. I am only stating what the agent told me and I have no reason to believe he was not telling me the truth. Humana is screwing him by rewriting old enrollees into another plan by mail and telesales. He picked up his stack of apps and said about half were new and half was moved from one carrier to the other. The one I saw him write was a dual with Medicaid and a Humana RX card. Why not sit at Walmart if you can make $3600?

What do you mean when you state that you have to service your clients, send them a birthday card and maybe a letter once or twice a year? I thought most carriers wanted the insured to call them if their is a problem?

Back