Why I still go on appointments

Selling over the phone takes experience and specialized phone skills that not everyone possesses. My advice is simple - if it's not working change it. If you're trying in vain to sell over the phone to no avail I'd start setting appointments. Likewise if you're doing very well over the phone then if it's not broke don't fix it. I think a mixture works best. I'm not gonna lose a $1,500 commission deal with a 58 year old stoic business owner because I'm too lazy to get in my car.

Selling over the phone takes experience and specialized phone skills that not everyone possesses. My advice is simple - if it's not working change it. If you're trying in vain to sell over the phone to no avail I'd start setting appointments. Likewise if you're doing very well over the phone then if it's not broke don't fix it. I think a mixture works best. I'm not gonna lose a $1,500 commission deal with a 58 year old stoic business owner because I'm too lazy to get in my car.

Your correct that selling over phone takes experience and skill because I have so much more confidence in cold calling. You ever looked into that dialer Sal?

Your correct that selling over phone takes experience and skill because I have so much more confidence in cold calling. You ever looked into that dialer Sal?

What speed dialer are you talking about?

I firmly believe that there is no way a new agent can go into this business setting out to be an "underwear" agent without having several years of experience and a lot of success selling face to face.

I think an agents needs that "fact time" with prospects to develop an effective presentation, know what objections the majority of prospects are going to have and the best way to handle them. When face to face the agent will have a more captive audience and more time to "make mistakes" and recover from them.

The best way to handle objections is to build the responses to the expected objections into your presentation so the prospect never has a chance to voice them. I believe this can only be learned "face to face".

Once an agent is super successful at going on appointments, then, but not always, can the agent try being an "Un-der-wear Agent".

If an agent calls and wants to sell me insurance I can tell in the first five seconds if that agent is a "real agent" or a "new kid" that thinks he/she can start in this business by simply making phone calls from home and get people to buy what they are selling.

They come across just the same as the person who calls and tells me I have "won a free trip" to Disney.

What speed dialer are you talking about?

The speedy dialer by cheetah. I remember you were looking into the dialer to speed # of calls/ hour. It makes dialing so much easier especially if you call for hours. My associate uses a predictive dialer for the finance business and it's like a blazing sports car compared to a regular car which is nothing wrong because I respect " old school " style. Im currently studying for my exam and hooked up with an independent agent who's been a big help.

I firmly believe that there is no way a new agent can go into this business setting out to be an "underwear" agent without having several years of experience and a lot of success selling face to face.

I think an agents needs that "fact time" with prospects to develop an effective presentation, know what objections the majority of prospects are going to have and the best way to handle them. When face to face the agent will have a more captive audience and more time to "make mistakes" and recover from them.

The best way to handle objections is to build the responses to the expected objections into your presentation so the prospect never has a chance to voice them. I believe this can only be learned "face to face".

Once an agent is super successful at going on appointments, then, but not always, can the agent try being an "Un-der-wear Agent".

If an agent calls and wants to sell me insurance I can tell in the first five seconds if that agent is a "real agent" or a "new kid" that thinks he/she can start in this business by simply making phone calls from home and get people to buy what they are selling.

They come across just the same as the person who calls and tells me I have "won a free trip" to Disney.

I sold home alarms and cable for years face to face and enjoyed it. And thanks for the experience in the finance business from cold call collecting social security numbers to closing deals over the phone. I know the closing
ratios are different from underwhat agent and f2f sales and that's a fact of statistics. But I know one thing fo sure is that both Saleswolf and Salpro are both closing deals over phone successfully.

That is " exactly " the problem with most telemarketers and they sound
to telemarkety sounding like Bob Barker. " HI, Mr blahblah, you won a a trip
and pick up your tickets if first come out to our seminar " I had the pleasure learning from ten year cold call veterans who are doing quite well frankly.

I just got 6 leads in a hour calling myself. I've had marketers call for 3 hours and not get six leads. It's because I don't have a "pitch" when I call and come off as just a local agent looking to help them.

The speedy dialer by cheetah. I remember you were looking into the dialer to speed # of calls/ hour. It makes dialing so much easier especially if you call for hours. My associate uses a predictive dialer for the finance business and it's like a blazing sports car compared to a regular car which is nothing wrong because I respect " old school " style. Im currently studying for my exam and hooked up with an independent agent who's been a big help.

I looked into the the software and downloaded the demo. Took me forever to figure out how to work it all out. I'm currently using excel and simply click on the number to dial the person. I found a template to use with Access but I haven't figured out how to use it properly. I'm entertaining the idea of the dialer, but I didn't like what I saw.

I sold home alarms and cable for years face to face and enjoyed it. And thanks for the experience in the finance business from cold call collecting social security numbers to closing deals over the phone. I know the closing
ratios are different from underwhat agent and f2f sales and that's a fact of statistics. But I know one thing fo sure is that both Saleswolf and Salpro are both closing deals over phone successfully.

I appreciate the pat on the back but I'm not up to Wes's level yet. He probably write 5 deals in the amount of time it takes me to take a crap. Granted, I have got to take the television out of the bathroom.

In all honesty, I think phone sales are quite tough to do if you don't have any experiences in sales and even then it's challenging. I've definitely gotten better at it, but I do agree with Frank about learning how to sell first. I've lost my fair share of deals for saying stupid things, as well for other reasons, but that is the nature of the beast.

I take all of that as a learning experience. What do you mean you don't want to do business with me because you were rated up 50% for your H/W and you haven't had health insurance for 5 years. I didn't make you eat 40 donuts a day. Hello???Hello??? Moving on.....

If I was brand new to sales and had not any training before I would never have pursued phone sales. I'm now doing phone sales, as well as incorporating face to face because it does get lonely sitting at desk 8 hours a day....

Back