You Won't Believe Obama's Response

I'm personally not motivated by pain. I am motivated by a strong work ethic and the desire to help others. Others are motivated differently.

Allow me to give a personal example.

I LOST my health insurance.

No, not because of Obamacare. I lost my health insurance back in 2009.

I was living near Detroit, MI. I was a contract worker inspecting foreclosed homes. It paid OK - it put food on the table.

The company that had sub-contracted me lost their contract with a big regional company, so all 13 inspectors lost their jobs.

Life is tough.

In 2009, the Detroit economy was...less than stellar. There were former Ford Engineers working at Panera Bread... Everyone was looking for work.

After a few weeks which turned into months searching for work (and trying a few commission only jobs)... my wife and I ran out of money.

I stopped paying for my health insurance. Just couldn't pay the premium. I hated that month or two.

That was pain. That drove me to do whatever it took. I called up a friend who I knew sold insurance and I hit the ground running.

You see - if the ACA were in place, there would have been less motivation for me to work as hard to earn a living. Bottom line.

Minimum wage jobs arent made to be careers. Does my 18 yo daughter living at home need a living wage? NO. She needs some cash to help with expenses and has to have flexible hours while she goes to school. If you want or need more money you need to be constantly moving up the food chain. You can improve yourself with school or OJT. When I was a pressroom supervisor I would hire 5 for 1 entry level position paying $12 an hour. You would lose a couple that couldn't pass pee test, 1 or 2 wont show up for first day or quit during first shift and of course you lose some after payday. We need work ethics and self improvement to change a worker and raising minimum wage will not help. They are paid a low wage for a reason. We need to stop nursing from the government teat.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy

Back