Your Philosophy...

First is that I find people who want, need and desire the type of insurance I sell. Then, out of those people, I'll find the ones that can afford the type of insurance I can sell to him/her. The out of those people again, I'll find the ones who can make a decision right now, then pitch and close them the deal.

My selling style/philosophy hasn't changed - only the methods that I use to communicate.

My financial philosophy changed and may continue to change the more I learn.

That's a great line by the way... "Mildred, if you were my mom, I would be telling her what I am telling you right now... " look them kindly in the eye and be shaking your head when you say it... and mean it!

Is this the product I would sign my mom/dad up for if they were in the exact same financial/health situation?

Question for those who have answered and those yet to answer,

Has your philosophy changed or morphed over the years?
Absolutely. I used to be a product peddler, now I work to be a solution provider.
I also have come to understand that there are actually lots of good products and services for clients, not just what (we as agents) are being brainwashed to sell as "the best".
The more I learn, the more realize I still have alot to learn.

The other thing I've come to notice... folks that sell ins products often badmouth the investment folks, and investment folks badmouth the ins people. Reality is, clients need and should have both. There is no one perfect solution for everyone, though I've seen some sales people that believe there is.

The other thing I've come to notice... folks that sell ins products often badmouth the investment folks, and investment folks badmouth the ins people. Reality is, clients need and should have both. There is no one perfect solution for everyone, though I've seen some sales people that believe there is.

People who believe there is one right way for everyone have drank the kool aid.

Has your philosophy changed or morphed over the years?

Yes. The more you learn, the more you can fine tune your philosophy.

My "moral compass" is the same as day one. But the best way to turn that into actionable results is constantly evolving.

I used to always see myself as taking a "consultative" approach. Now I see it more as an "educational" approach. People are looking for a solution to a problem... I educate on the most comprehensive solution to the problem, and then the best products.

But at the end of the day, they have to make a decision and sign the contract. To do that, most people need to feel fully informed on their situation and options. Call the process what you want.

And I no longer try to sell people on the need. I look for people who are currently interested in buying. I no longer try to convince people they want what I sell. If they dont see the need and want it, I dont have time for them.

Back