Your Philosophy...

Help them.

First and foremost. They have a need, to make sure their family is ok in case of death. To make sure that their medical needs are met.

It seems silly but I try to make each life better. Like I tell everyone, I may not be a great agent...but I sleep well at knowing that I helped someone met their goals.

Been on the forum for about 6 months now and have enjoyed and benefited greatly from my time here... thanks.

I would like to pose what first may appear to be an odd question, but I think would be enlightening and perhaps entertaining...

What is your philosophy on selling?

(Don't over complicate... I will add if enough respond.)
When I 1st started I was taught "high pressure selling" and the philosophy was, "if you throw enough sh*t against the wall, a certain amount's going to stick".

That led to a lot of kickbacks and wasted time. Today I'm just the opposte.

Funny thing...I was asked that yesterday. I was honest. "No, my parents are in a completely different situation. This is a plan that works best for you and your needs."

They liked that honestly

It works for me, because I have two parents on either end of the health spectrum and can give anecdotes either way using each one of them.
When I 1st started I was taught "high pressure selling" and the philosophy was, "if you throw enough sh*t against the wall, a certain amount's going to stick".

I just spit coffee on my computer.

Damn I was taught that philosophy in my first sales job when I was 19

back then I could be a good high-pressure salesperson, Today I cant work like that at all, What I love about medicare sales is there is no high pressure needed

Damn I was taught that philosophy in my first sales job when I was 19

back then I could be a good high-pressure salesperson, Today I cant work like that at all, What I love about medicare sales is there is no high pressure needed

I cut my teeth on "emmotional sales". Offered a ROP with the plan so felt no loss to the client other than "opportunity cost", and the fact that 1 out 3 were the stats for cancer.

The key I am learning now is... moving away from the sale and into the follow up. Still use the strong emotional tie in the sale, but have become much more of an advisor and less of a sells person.

I cut my teeth on "emmotional sales". Offered a ROP with the plan so felt no loss to the client other than "opportunity cost", and the fact that 1 out 3 were the stats for cancer.

The key I am learning now is... moving away from the sale and into the follow up. Still use the strong emotional tie in the sale, but have become much more of an advisor and less of a sells person.
Kind of early to be drinking. :biggrin:

I am pecking away on my tablet at Starbucks... picking my son up from college today... it for some reason does not have spell check... and now you know.

Mamma didn't give birth to a spelling be champion. :twitchy:

Back