Your Process for Internet Leads

I would like to hear some different takes on how you follow through with real-time Internet leads (purchased from NetQuote, Insweb/Agent Insider, Hometown Quotes, Quote Wizard, etc.).

From what I have seen, there are two schools of thought:

I. Provide the prospect with a quote
II. Don't quote, but try to contact the prospect to do a more detailed fact-finder so that you can meet his needs with the proper coverage.

One agent I know is using the following system:

1) Call the lead right away, as soon as possible after you receive it.
2) If you don't reach the lead, email a quote for the exact coverages the lead asked for, using the optimal credit-based insurance score. Best-case scenario the premiums. Mail a copy of this quote to the postal address listed too.
3) Follow up by phone in 48 hours, and every 48 hours thereafter until two weeks have elapsed.
4) Put the leads into your drip marketing funnel (email and postcards) with an x-date and keep them on your list and keep dripping on them (with a phone call every 90 days) until they buy, die, or ask to be taken off.

Another agent I know is using this system:

1) Call the lead right away, as soon as possible after you receive it.
2) If you don't reach the lead, send via postal mail a simple one page letter asking NOT for a chance to quote policies, but rather for a 20-minute meeting to determine if there are any problems that can be solved.
3) Follow up by phone within one week of sending the letter.
4) Keep following up by phone every three days for the next three weeks, then put the lead into the drip marketing system.

It would be great to see what step-by-step methods others are using....

Good stuff... Thanks for sharing!

Back