2025 AEP for PDP - Process

BK64

Hi all- assuming that WellCare and/or a good portion of plans go to $0 commission, what is everyone’s plan for AEP reviews, or even writing PDPs in general for 2025 and beyond?

Do people with large books intend to refer more frequently to Medicare.gov or 1-800-Medicare?

Curious as to what everyone’s plans are….

Hi all- assuming that WellCare and/or a good portion of plans go to $0 commission, what is everyone’s plan for AEP reviews, or even writing PDPs in general for 2025 and beyond?

Do people with large books intend to refer more frequently to Medicare.gov or 1-800-Medicare?

Curious as to what everyone’s plans are….

I just bought a new office desk to hide under this AEP but seriously it is going to be rough handling the pdp portion of my book i am just thankful the majority of my book is MA so i don't have to shop everybody's friggin drug plan.

I agree with you - I’ve thought about that too. I don’t intend to walk away, just wondering what approach people will take under the circumstances. Trying to figure out how to handle in an efficient manner.

PDP commissions are maybe 10% of my revenue. Why would I jeopardize 90% of my business for the other 10%?

Probably 15% of my pdp customers are already on non-commissionable plans.

Just do the right thing. Why is this idea so hard for so many agents?

Actually, send them over to me, I'll take good care of your customers for you 😉

PDP commissions are maybe 10% of my revenue. Why would I jeopardize 90% of my business for the other 10%?

Probably 15% of my pdp customers are already on non-commissionable plans.

Just do the right thing. Why is this idea so hard for so many agents?

Actually, send them over to me, I'll take good care of your customers for you 😉

To me its hard because of the 48 hour scope,the recording of everything and all the other compliance bullhockey and i sure as hell ain't going to do an in home appointment for a PDP to skirt some of these requirements like i will for a MA sale.And this year it's going to be the extra stress of having hear shit talking from some of my high maintenance pdp clients about how bad PDP is and also those phone calls you get in january when client forgets you told them there is a deductible.

I just bought a new office desk to hide under this AEP but seriously it is going to be rough handling the pdp portion of my book i am just thankful the majority of my book is MA so i don't have to shop everybody's friggin drug plan.
You still have to run all your non dual/lis pdp drugs and dr list for mapd .There could be vast formulary difference in plans and CO’s in 25 . I think I’m going to get search and save and learn that as supposedly there dr list is very accurate and populates all plans drs in . In 2025 by just leaving things as is your risking big loss of clients during oep . Honestly even moving clients to better plans for them during aep is going to be problems during oep .Even though you explain the new landscape it’s irrelevant as many people will be angry and open to moving . It is what it is

To me its hard because of the 48 hour scope,the recording of everything and all the other compliance bullhockey and i sure as hell ain't going to do an in home appointment for a PDP to skirt some of these requirements like i will for a MA sale.And this year it's going to be the extra stress of having hear shit talking from some of my high maintenance pdp clients about how bad PDP is and also those phone calls you get in january when client forgets you told them there is a deductible.

When I help someone with a 0 commission drug plan, I help them sign up through medicare.gov, without sending them directly there

99% of my PDP clients are also Med Supp clients. Helping them with PDP is a service provided BECAUSE they are a Med Supp client. The PDP clients who aren't Med Supp clients are generally a close relative of an existing client and the client asked if I could help. I'm not going to tell them no.

As much as I hate to lose the income from the PDP business, I will continue to add vale to my clients which in turn leads to referrals. YMMV

Back