Advice of Explaining MAPD and Med Supp Options to Age Ins

b) I suspect from posts I have seen here, an increase in clients who will have to be given the bad news about no longer having their Medigap OEP because they took part B along with part A when they turned 65.

Yep, that situation is one of the worst for someone retiring. A waste of cash for years...with no benefit from Part B (assuming they had an EGHP)

This is state dependent but anthem will gi plan G with full commission for someone who inadvertently activated part B in prior years.

Also trial right Sep into a sup is 1 year from their part A effective date. So if they t65 and took part A 2 yrs ago and then enroll into Part B 1-1-18 (and went MAPD) they wouldn't have trial right back to a sup today .

This should be easy:

Do you want a plan similar to the plans you've had in recent years?
Or would you like to pay this ___ each month and have no co pays?

The difficulty with that brief statement is that it does not cover that the maximum out of pocket is twice the total of the out of pocket plus annual premium of the plan one has had in recent years.

The difficulty with that brief statement is that it does not cover that the maximum out of pocket is twice the total of the out of pocket plus annual premium of the plan one has had in recent years.

Well that would be a lie so how can you make that statement ?

I'm sorry LD, but the more times I read this, the more I think I took a couple too many hits. :twitchy:

I'm cornfused. :confused:

Back