Advice of Explaining MAPD and Med Supp Options to Age Ins

Do you want a plan similar to the plans you've had in recent years?
Or would you like to pay this ___ each month and have no co pays?

Uh, you sure about that?

Well that would be a lie so how can you make that statement ?

I'm sorry LD, but the more times I read this, the more I think I took a couple too many hits. :twitchy:

I'm cornfused. :confused:

Ok, I made an assumption. Before I go further, let's determine if that was correct or incorrect and then I'll give you an answer.

I assumed this:
Do you want a plan similar to the plans you've had in recent years?
answered with a yes, would lead to gopokes selling me a Medicare Advantage plan.

Is that correct?

Ok, I made an assumption. Before I go further, let's determine if that was correct or incorrect and then I'll give you an answer.

I assumed this:

answered with a yes, would lead to gopokes selling me a Medicare Advantage plan.

Is that correct?

It would help narrow it down. I’m sure if that person said, “I’m ok with how my group plan worked, co-pays, networks, etc”. I would still explain Med supps.
But if that same person said, “I’d much rather pay a monthly premium and never have a co-pay”. It’s an easy med supp sale

Basically what I was trying to express is that discussing only a similar type of coverage does not necessarily mean that the financial levels of of coverage with the MA plan are the same as financial levels of coverage in the EGHP.

I made a mistake in the computations I did when I responded earlier, I have to redo them later. It may be that the group health cost is more like two thirds of the MA plan costs rather than just half, but I still consider that to be a significant difference. I'll redo the numbers and post back at a later time.

Basically what I was trying to express is that discussing only a similar type of coverage does not necessarily mean that the financial levels of of coverage with the MA plan are the same as financial levels of coverage in the EGHP.

I made a mistake in the computations I did when I responded earlier, I have to redo them later. It may be that the group health cost is more like two thirds of the MA plan costs rather than just half, but I still consider that to be a significant difference. I'll redo the numbers and post back at a later time.
We all make mistakes LD. :yes:

Does spam have to be approved?

Yes, by FDA

kq4q5h7f-1498751693.jpg

I once had a Boeing engineer spreadsheet plans so much that he had an excel spreadsheet with all of his and his wife's doctors, medications, and usage now and in the last 10 years. He ran some sort of linear regression model which assumed/project his costs increased in the same way for the next 10 years post retirement. He then printed these off on about 15 8.5 x 11 sheets of paper and the taped, yes taped, them all onto the wall of his house to get a visual of the bottom line. There are about 20 mapd plans in our area plus he had about 5 boeing retiree MAPD plans without donut holes. He gave the spreadsheet to a friend that then became my client once the old man engineer passed away. The crazy thing was that the engineer then picked the worst MAPD plan in our area after all his analysis. Fast forward to today about 10 years later and I'm redoing my office and going through my files and I find the folded up pages taped together in my desk! I've now decided that this crazy old engineer did not die, but is actually LD coming back to haunt me through this forum....

Back