AEP help

Who gives a shit. Study my knowledge which is second to none on the subject of medicare . You’ll learn a lot from me if you stop being angry .

Angry? What about my post shows I'm angry. You're (as in you are) delusional. And you're likely projecting.

Dude, I've been in the Medicare business for nearly 20 years. The only thing you could teach me about is dealing with D-SNP clients because I only have a handful. Not my market. I mean I understand D-SNP's, but I'm not out marketing to them or selling them regularly.

And who gives a shit? If I'm a client or potential client of yours and you send me written communication with all kinds of grammatical errors, I'm second guessing your "knowledge". But that's just me.

Angry? What about my post shows I'm angry. You're (as in you are) delusional. And you're likely projecting.

Dude, I've been in the Medicare business for nearly 20 years. The only thing you could teach me about is dealing with D-SNP clients because I only have a handful. Not my market. I mean I understand D-SNP's, but I'm not out marketing to them or selling them regularly.

And who gives a shit? If I'm a client or potential client of yours and you send me written communication with all kinds of grammatical errors, I'm second guessing your "knowledge". But that's just me.

My knowledge on Medicare is across the board . From billing codes to dealing with snf’s . From from filling out Irmaa forms forms to hunting down rx savings I do it all . Just because so far in my career it was a good % of dsnp’s doesn’t mean I’m not the smartest guy in the room . Warren Buffet lives in a modest house and is one of the richest guys in the world . Don’t let my dealings with dsnp’s fool you . I have a girl who sends all my letters out . When your skying above 6 fig renewals you can hire someone for tasks

Walgreens, farmers market , bingo and senior center , social media leads . Almost ever single thing you listed is 90% dual/lis . One of the only way to get non low income leads is seminars or targeting T-65 . Middle to upper income don’t walk up to Walgreen tables or approach you at farmers markets .

I think it depends on where you live. I know our farmer's markets are 90% Middle to upper-class. Our senior centers are more of a 50/50 mix. I have never done Walgreens (they actually don't set up tables up here). I do overall upkeep on our Facebook page but no social media marketing.

I am going into my 3rd year for AEP so relatively new compared to the seasoned agents on here. They have a lot of great knowledge and are a wealth of information. Granted I was a SHIP for 3 years prior to becoming licensed so I had a decent client base coming into it.

Things I have found to be helpful:
*Medicare Cafe on Youtube has awesome weekly live sessions
*I do like the doctors and book next year's appointments while they are in my office for the current AEP (this was a suggestion on one of my posts my first year). Now I review all of the appointments starting 10/1 so I can pre-chat with them if it doesn't look like they will need to change because my schedule is getting a bit crazy so I am making room for new clients.
* For the above I actually order the Medicare Calendars and in the month of September I attach a scope of appointment form and a med list sheet with a reminder to get it back to me by 10/1 https://productordering.cms.hhs.gov/pow/
*I have built a relationship with some of the larger employers in the area so I get 90% of the retirees from those companies doing their IEP
* I do marketplace typically for the 50+ market so I have a steady flow of clients making the switch once they age in (this also helps to capture the early retirees)
*I offer Patient Assistance so I assist with finding grants to help pay clients' insurance premiums and medication (I primarily use NeedyMeds and the HealthWell Foundation). I get no direct compensation for this but it allows me to put people into supplements for at least a year and I am guaranteed commissions since the grants are a year at a time.
*Because of offering the Patient Assistance piece I have a fantastic relationship with the local providers who send all of their patients who express concerns over insurance.
*I am active in community events like walks for different diseases, and charity events like the Festival of Trees, I do fundraisers for the organizations that help my clients like HealthWell. Aside from that, we do no mailers, no advertising, or other types of marketing at all
*Keep constant contact: check-ins after AEP, Birthday cards, holiday cards, reminder letters with scopes before AEP (I also include a permission to contact form that they can share with a friend).

Not everything works for everybody but test out things and see what works for you.

My knowledge on Medicare is across the board . From billing codes to dealing with snf’s . From from filling out Irmaa forms forms to hunting down rx savings I do it all . Just because so far in my career it was a good % of dsnp’s doesn’t mean I’m not the smartest guy in the room . Warren Buffet lives in a modest house and is one of the richest guys in the world . Don’t let my dealings with dsnp’s fool you . I have a girl who sends all my letters out . When your skying above 6 fig renewals you can hire someone for tasks

You think you're the only one making 6 figures in renewals? Some of us just don't feel the need to tell everybody. And I assure you that you haven't reinvented the wheel on the other stuff you mentioned.

I actually order the Medicare Calendars and in the month of September I attach a scope of appointment form and a med list sheet with a reminder to get it back to me by 10/1

That is a GREAT idea!

I offer Patient Assistance so I assist with finding grants to help pay clients' insurance premiums and medication (I primarily use NeedyMeds and the HealthWell Foundation). I get no direct compensation for this but it allows me to put people into supplements for at least a year and I am guaranteed commissions since the grants are a year at a time.

This is often overlooked as a tool to build VALUE. Most agents would skip this step because there is usually no direct compensation. When worked correctly, you will eventually pick up many of these folks as they turn 65. Most of them probably would never pass underwriting so you have a natural sales pitch to grab them at 65.

PAP's can also generate referrals.

Unless I missed it, you are not doing a regular newsletter. I have monthly newsletter sent via email and it almost never fails to generate a referral. I also have my helper send copies of the most recent newsletter to new prospects. It helps to build a relationship when they are shopping and gives them insight into what an experienced agent brings to the table.

Keep up the good work!

You think you're the only one making 6 figures in renewals? Some of us just don't feel the need to tell everybody. And I assure you that you haven't reinvented the wheel on the other stuff you mentioned.

He is a legend in his own mind . . .

Actually any agent in the business 5 yrs not making 6 fig renewals is doing a poor job . At 20 yrs like you anything under $50k a month renewals I’d consider Medicore at best

Actually any agent in the business 5 yrs not making 6 fig renewals is doing a poor job . At 20 yrs like you anything under $50k a month renewals I’d consider Medicore at best

Or, and hear me out, some of us like to play golf twice per week (during the week, not weekends), travel and spend time with family between January and September.

Would I like to make $50k per month, sure. Do I have the ability to make that income, absolutely. Am I willing to put in the effort it takes to make that income, not at this stage in my life. Half of that is just fine by me. If you want to do what it takes to get there, by all means, do it. I'm sure we'll hear about it when you do.

That is a GREAT idea!

This is often overlooked as a tool to build VALUE. Most agents would skip this step because there is usually no direct compensation. When worked correctly, you will eventually pick up many of these folks as they turn 65. Most of them probably would never pass underwriting so you have a natural sales pitch to grab them at 65.

PAP's can also generate referrals.

Unless I missed it, you are not doing a regular newsletter. I have monthly newsletter sent via email and it almost never fails to generate a referral. I also have my helper send copies of the most recent newsletter to new prospects. It helps to build a relationship when they are shopping and gives them insight into what an experienced agent brings to the table.

Keep up the good work!

Do you make the newsletter yourself? Or how do you do this? Great idea. Also what is a PAP? THank you

Back