Anyone Try RelEvent Appointment Setting?

nhagent

NH
Just curious if anyone has experience with Relevent's appointment setting services. I searched but couldn't find any posts about it. I write commercial P&C and they guarantee a certain number of appointments based on a monthly fee. Basically sounds similar to hiring a telemarketer. Is this a decent route to go?

Just a quick comment; relevent isn't a word. Maybe they were thinking of relevant? Just an observation. Maybe you're playing off the word "event."

That said, I see that for $269 you only guarantee 4 appointments per month. That's a cost of $67.25 per appointment.

It's rather expensive but I'd want more clarity as to what's defined as an appointment. If it's simply the owner knowing that I'm "dropping by" to give "literature" then it would be a no. Too expensive.

I do, however, like the fact that you post the full names for your testimonials. If I was an interested again, I'd contact as least four of them before moving forward.

Last edited:
Not sure if I'm reading your response wrong, but I don't represent RelEvent at all, just curious if anyone has had any experience with them. I would love to know how the pre-set appointments pan out if someone has actually followed through with it. Wondering if they are actually good, or like you said, the owner just has a vague notion that you might be stopping by.

In my experience, these services default to the path of least resistance. Most scripts are "we have a rep that will be in your area next week..." and end with "..dropping off literature" or something to that effect.

It is quite difficult, as you very well know, to set a qualified appointment. A qualified appointment is defined by the owner knowing you're coming and the reason you're coming...which is to sell them insurance.

I have a very good friend in the group market and he learned very quickly that it was a total waste of gas to set appointments with "....coming to see if I can save you money."

He now only sets appointments with business owners who have expressed that they have an issue that needs to be solved and has determined that he's capable of solving it. Very hard to set those kinds of appointments.

Weak appointments always end in:

"Well...thank you very much for coming by"
"Do you have a card?"

All of that said, weak appointments do in fact work. You simply weed through the BS but those appointments need to be very cheap so you can run at least 2 per day.

Last edited:
That's a good point. Why pay $70 when it's basically the same as walking into a random business and dropping off a pamphlet which is free. Probably gets you about the same response rate.

Back