Assurity Top Producer?

Good point Jimmy. I think one of the biggest reasons I wrote mainly with Oxford last year is because as a rookie I didn't have any good/bad experiences for any companies. I started off with them, got comfortable with them, and kept writing them. So far I've had experiences with Aetna, Transamerica, Assurity, Oxford, CF, SLAC, SNL, American Memorial, Americo, Gerber, RNA, Lafayette, Foresters, and 5-Star. I didn't use Trinity, or Settlers because they're not in my state. My experiences have been an education...but Oxford still has to be toward the top of the list...for now at least. I put up with their obnoxious interviews because their commission levels make it worth it. Having said that...I don't use them in every single case. JD has said this before, but I think it comes down to comfort level with the carrier. If I had a good experience with Assurity, then I probably would have been a top producer with them too (ie. more than 10 apps in a year...:D). I wrote with 5-Star earlier this year and had terrible experiences with them. Then later in the year I wrote a few others and they were night and day difference. It was actually pleasant. They saved the deal for me. In those cases I opted not to do the phone interview but that's no longer an option anymore.

I'm still trying to decide which carrier I want to lead off with for 2015. Maybe Oxford...maybe someone else. I'm trying to find one that has a fast/simple UW, good commission level, agent friendly, etc. I'd sure like to hear which carrier you all lead with, and what makes them your preferred choice.

That is the same thing most of us are looking for...a carrier that doesn't suck. The problem is that I dislike them all equally. I going to try holding my nose a little more this year with Assurity only because of their enormous renewals.

Are they 7% for lifetime

Assurity's renewals are 17% year 2 and go down a % every year until year 5 then stay level around 10%. Monster renewals.

Not a go to company but great for renewals. Mark Stover can give you all the scoop on their products. That's where we got him from.

Assurity's renewals are 17% year 2 and go down a % every year until year 5 then stay level around 10%. Monster renewals.

Not a go to company but great for renewals. Mark Stover can give you all the scoop on their products. That's where we got him from.

I guess they figure if agents can put up their application process and UW then they deserve to be retarded...I mean rewarded.

Well in held my nose again today (and crossed my fingers and toes) and got another approval with Assurity. It did take 19 and a half minutes but that makes 2 this week for me. If I keep this up I will definitely be among their top producers.

Well in held my nose again today (and crossed my fingers and toes) and got another approval with Assurity. It did take 19 and a half minutes but that makes 2 this week for me. If I keep this up I will definitely be among their top producers.

Glad you got the apps approved. That phone interview sounds a bit long, but that might be par for them. Just out of curiosity, do you write them primarily because of the renewals?

Back