Assurity Top Producer?

mbiallas

Guru
100+ Post Club
I got a call this morning from Assurity thanking me for my business in 2014. He went on to tell me that I was one of the top producers on their simplified issue policy. I stopped him right there and said he must be mistaken because I sent in around 8 applications last year. Evidently I was wrong...it was 10 applications.

We spoke for a while and I mentioned that I would love to send them more business because of their renewals but that I have to hold my nose when I sent them an app. Hopefully this means that they are taking more of an interest in this product. He was very friendly and receptive to my recommendations. I guess we will have to wait and see...

I got a call this morning from Assurity thanking me for my business in 2014. He went on to tell me that I was one of the top producers on their simplified issue policy. I stopped him right there and said he must be mistaken because I sent in around 8 applications last year. Evidently I was wrong...it was 10 applications.

We spoke for a while and I mentioned that I would love to send them more business because of their renewals but that I have to hold my nose when I sent them an app. Hopefully this means that they are taking more of an interest in this product. He was very friendly and receptive to my recommendations. I guess we will have to wait and see...

Ten apps and your a top producer? I thought many people wrote Assuring in niche situations. Surely they have some imo pimping them with guys writing Mir than 10 apps a year

Ten apps and your a top producer? I thought many people wrote Assuring in niche situations. Surely they have some imo pimping them with guys writing Mir than 10 apps a year

He didn't say I was THE top producer but A top producer.

I agree about having to hold your nose. You must have a strong stomach to send them 10 applications. I got contracted with them last year and submitted two apps...that was all it took for me. When I was a kid, I helped my dad dig up the front yard to find a root that had choked our sewer pipe. I remember gagging because the horrible sights and smells were so bad...that's how I would describe my experience with Assurity. I'm still in the process of deciding which carrier I'm going to focus on this year. Sadly I just can't get past the dry heaves when I think of Assurity.

I agree about having to hold your nose. You must have a strong stomach to send them 10 applications. I got contracted with them last year and submitted two apps...that was all it took for me. When I was a kid, I helped my dad dig up the front yard to find a root that had choked our sewer pipe. I remember gagging because the horrible sights and smells were so bad...that's how I would describe my experience with Assurity. I'm still in the process of deciding which carrier I'm going to focus on this year. Sadly I just can't get past the dry heaves when I think of Assurity.

With how much you write Oxford, Assurity must be bad if you are complaining. I can't make it through Oxfords interview because how often they go off on tangents.

With how much you write Oxford, Assurity must be bad if you are complaining. I can't make it through Oxfords interview because how often they go off on tangents.

The problem with Assurity has always been and will always be underwriting. They will grill people about anything at all.

Assurity is for the stuff you can't put elsewhere.

The problem with Assurity has always been and will always be underwriting. They will grill people about anything at all.

Assurity is for the stuff you can't put elsewhere.

Agreed. I kept telling the regional guy that this a simplified issue plan not non-med and that they need to retrain their folks to stick with the darn script.

Agreed. I kept telling the regional guy that this a simplified issue plan not non-med and that they need to retrain their folks to stick with the darn script.

It isn't just the SIWL product. It is as a whole. Underwriting is insane at Assurity.

Anyone remember Vegas a couple of years ago? Rick put on a presentation by Assurity as part of the trip. Ken Smith and Jeff Spaine(?) were there. It was all about their critical illness product, the director of health products and a VP were there.

Rick was absolutely pumped about it, then he wrote a couple of cases and they met underwriting. He couldn't get anything issued. I felt bad about it really, Ken and Jeff were nice guys and put quite a bit on the expense account. But underwriting killed it and Rick's enthusiasm for critical illness. He was all pumped and had some ideas about marketing. Underwriting quickly put an end to that.

Oxford is bad with tangents and I haven't used them in quite a while. Plus they take forever to answer the phone. Oh and the best of all is that their website (which is easy to use by the way when its up) goes down every single night right about the time I finish dinner and want to check on my business. Plus their renewals are crap.

But if their interview is bad Assurity's is HORRIBLE. They will grill your client on the most mundane things...its completely absurd. I really think it stems from their staff being used to dealing with non med and fully UW products and haven't been properly trained to dumb it down to the FE level.

Good point Jimmy. I think one of the biggest reasons I wrote mainly with Oxford last year is because as a rookie I didn't have any good/bad experiences for any companies. I started off with them, got comfortable with them, and kept writing them. So far I've had experiences with Aetna, Transamerica, Assurity, Oxford, CF, SLAC, SNL, American Memorial, Americo, Gerber, RNA, Lafayette, Foresters, and 5-Star. I didn't use Trinity, or Settlers because they're not in my state. My experiences have been an education...but Oxford still has to be toward the top of the list...for now at least. I put up with their obnoxious interviews because their commission levels make it worth it. Having said that...I don't use them in every single case. JD has said this before, but I think it comes down to comfort level with the carrier. If I had a good experience with Assurity, then I probably would have been a top producer with them too (ie. more than 10 apps in a year...:D). I wrote with 5-Star earlier this year and had terrible experiences with them. Then later in the year I wrote a few others and they were night and day difference. It was actually pleasant. They saved the deal for me. In those cases I opted not to do the phone interview but that's no longer an option anymore.

I'm still trying to decide which carrier I want to lead off with for 2015. Maybe Oxford...maybe someone else. I'm trying to find one that has a fast/simple UW, good commission level, agent friendly, etc. I'd sure like to hear which carrier you all lead with, and what makes them your preferred choice.

Back