Columbian Life - Current Producers

The SNL discussion is informative but I was hoping to get opinions from agents using CFG.. Likes, dislikes, etc. They claim to have 25K agents so ther must be some around here.

I have never seen anything special with CFG. Even when they came out with their new FE product, they promised the world and delivered a crappy product.

So Rouse, what do you like or dislike about them, I know you do use them in the past.
I like theri customer service.. Can talk to whoever I need to talk to in osrder to get a decision.. Most things can be handled over the telephone by the agent. I have written more of thier Family Solutions WL and Simp Issue Term that FE. I like that they have a wide range of middle income products so you can put the whole family with on company. Great child that can cover children, grand children, great grandchildren. natural born, step or adopted. ADB rider does not terminate until age 100. FE issue ages 25-85.

They have a form that you can have client sign at the time of app or later) that gives the company to share health info with the agent so you can know the exact reason for an UW decision. Also have a form allowing to FAX a check in if you collect with application. A lot of little things that make it easy to do business with them.

Fair first year comissions and renewals.

Dislikes? FE prices at some ages are a little on high side and UW on the strict side with the look back periods. No comission on policy fees. 20 inforce polices to continue to receive renewals after termination.

Last edited:
OK, what is crappy about it?

Well, crappy as in they didn't come out with a product that they were indicating that they would. It was supposed to be prices very good, but it's not. The UW was supposed to be much looser than it is. Then, if I recall correctly, the commission levels don't compare to some of the other go-to companies.

And one more thing. Evidently, as an upline, all you have to do is mention the name of the agent to them and you are locked into that hierarchy. That happened to me. I won't do business with a company like that for sure!

Well, crappy as in they didn't come out with a product that they were indicating that they would. It was supposed to be prices very good, but it's not. The UW was supposed to be much looser than it is. Then, if I recall correctly, the commission levels don't compare to some of the other go-to companies.

And one more thing. Evidently, as an upline, all you have to do is mention the name of the agent to them and you are locked into that hierarchy. That happened to me. I won't do business with a company like that for sure!
And if you have an issue that their upper management needs to address they go and hide behind the file cabinets and won’t come out.

I have no idea how they are today. But a few years ago they were not ready for prime time.

Left out one positive - nor ragr it seems anyone likes them - you can get an instant decision with a paper app and no phone call.

Have an app you can download on your phone, tablet or computer. You put in the medication, ht & wt and submit. Gives you an answer in about two minutes.

How do you download a paper app ?
Download comes from an app,website…

Back