Columbian Life - Current Producers

Is this retro? or only for new business? It doesn't seem fair to change the pay plan for policies I wrote ten years ago?
I would say they will apply it retro. If you have not signed into the agent portal since they changed then it would not apply but if you signed inb, then it would. I think the 65% clause hs always been in thier contract but both of these are just ways ro rob and agent or his family of the renewal commissions after termination.

I would say they will apply it retro. If you have not signed into the agent portal since they changed then it would not apply but if you signed inb, then it would. I think the 65% clause hs always been in thier contract but both of these are just ways ro rob and agent or his family of the renewal commissions after termination.
Could this have been the reason Tommy left?

Tie 65 or 70% was always in their contract .What persistency % are they talking about ? 12 months 24 months . I wrote snl pretty heavy from 2013-2016 They termed me in 2018 for no production as I just didn’t need . I’m still getting all my renewals . Most of my policies 6-9 yrs old .

Yeah.... amd now SNL has added that provision to thier comissin schedules. They quitely snuck in in without saying anything and you had to agree to it inorder to log into the website.

Well, now it is 25.. Perhaps it was before..

No renewal commission shall be earned, or become payable, unless: (i) the overall business submitted by Agent/Manager to the Company has a persistency level of no less than 65%; and (ii) Agent’s/Manager’s overall business with the Company includes 25 or more in-force, premium-paying policies or annuity contracts. No paid-up or reduced-paid-up policy or annuity contract shall be considered to be premium-paying
Are you talking about CFG here, or SNL? I didn’t remember seeing that on the SNL login screen, so I just logged in again. I’m not seeing anything but the non-compete language that’s been there for a while.

Last edited:
Are you talking about CFG here, or SNL? I didn’t remember seeing that on the SNL login screen, so I just logged in again. I’m not seeing anything but the non-compete language that’s been there for a while.
Log into the agent portal. On the right, you will see "Recent Satements" with a button "Schedules" beneath that.. Click on that and it will pull up your commission schedule. Look at the bottom of the schedule and you will find the language I posted.

Back