Best Color Printer for Ads/flyers/colorful Invoices Etc..

Hmm... someone gave me their office printer, but it stopped working.

It was a laser color printer by HP, that printed both side at once. It was super fast, i was using that until it broke. Kinda dislike the manual suck in.

Let me go check the model, i'm in the market for one (budget 3-500 is ok)

it was a hp color laserjet 2840

Last edited:
If you are going to do enough printing, try:
https://www.freecolorprinters.xerox.com/

Nice printer for almost free. I say almost because you have to buy the ink from them, which isn't the cheapest, but the print quality is amazing. It is also a duplex printer, which is handy. Yes, it prints one side at a time, but it does it very well.

I have the predecessor to the printer they are offering now. Its a great printer, handles high volume printing much better than any consumer printer.

Yes, I wore out every printer mentioned above. I was printing 4000 pages a week for a while, not easily done on a consumer printer. The Xerox handles volume pretty well.

The cost per page to print is pretty good, not the best, but good. The print quality is amazing, beats any inkjet printer out there.

As a side note, if you don't print 4-5K pages a month, this deal isn't worth it.

Dan

Here is an old review of the 2840... HP Color LaserJet 2840 Review - Multifunction Devices - CNET Reviews

Notice in the review it says... "Like other laser multifunctions, the 2840 lacks two-sided printing..."

So, I'm not sure how you were getting 2-sided printing in 1 pass.

mmm, i must be crazy. Looks like it doesnt print on 2 sides....

but the phaser from xerox for free is too expensive. you gotta buy ink from them every month and follow their schedule or peanlties.

We're big printers over here, 100,000+ pages a month, some of our main machines have 2 Million+ pages on them.

We use managed print services where you basically rent a printer and have a quota, they provide the ink, setup, and maintenance.

We've used Carr business systems (Xerox subsidiary) and Dr. Print (Konica Minolta Machines). Dr. Print has a bit better prices, their service is pretty close, and the hardware from both is great.

I will say, the Konica BizHubs (c554 main and c35's as backups) are impressive quality for business machines. Good speed, 2-sided printing, and all-in-one multifunction units to boot. We had a ColorQube 9202 for a while, and even at a $30k machine, it didn't do 2-sided printing (but by golly a high end solid ink CMYK process printer makes some gorgeous results. The downside is that it could melt under high heat, like if you left handouts in your car...)

You really don't need it 2-sided simultaneous printing, trust me. Unless you're a printing company, no one does.

I realize that what I'm suggesting is 10x-100x the price of what you're discussing, but you said "best" not "most affordable".

mmm, i must be crazy. Looks like it doesnt print on 2 sides....

but the phaser from xerox for free is too expensive. you gotta buy ink from them every month and follow their schedule or peanlties.

Actually, you don't have to buy ink every month (that was a very old plan from someone else). You do have to agree to print a certain number of pages a month, send in monthly reports and buy the ink you use from them.

I think I bought ink on average once every 6 months.

You also have a maintenance agreement during the period of the contract, which is free. Its not exactly free for Xerox to send a tech to your office, so factor in a bit for this. I never used it, but it was good to know I had it.

I don't want to make anyone think you can't spend less money, because you can, but this really isn't a bad deal if you print enough to justify it and need high end print quality that ink jets can't touch.

Dan

would you mind telling me approximate ink budget per month it cost plus paper?

i do plan on printing flyers and posters type stuff and handing out and bringing to events

Milkman, how many do you plan on producing? Most of these companies are "tiered" on your needs (aka, 1000-10,000/mo, 10,001-25,000/Mo, and so on).

Back