Best way to bring clients to you when you are starting from scratch

Besides referrals, when a person starts from scratch and doesn't have clients, what is the best way to build the book from the very beginning?

What ways work well?
Besides looking for referral partners (real estate agents, loan officers etc), you can begin targeting groups on social media where your target audience is.

I'm not sure where you live. Let's assume you live in Dallas Texas, and you're licensed to sell property and casualty.

You can hop on social media sites like Facebook, and LinkedIn and start conversations with consumers. You can do a search for car groups, yoga enthusiast around your area etc. Then start conversing. Be known as the insurance professional through this method. This isn't even include paid ads you can do on social media sites.

Buy cheap $1.49 cent aged leads and get them practicing and talking to people. The business and networking will follow.

BNI networking groups. Most productive group. Made $30k in first year selling HSA HDHPs in 2004 when launched and was a new "story" to tell.

My competitors, related professionals, and other centers of influence. I get more referrals from other industry agents than any other profession.

This 3 legged stool set me on the right path of continued growth for 14 years. 100% referral for past 8 years.

I do zero social media, nor website content, or any of the "new" ways, don't need to.

Reading our blog [finding our marketing playbook for insurance] and implementing the marketing plan.

This will give your marketing activities a direct strategy instead of a bunch of strung together tactics (this is why people think marketing doesn't work).

Buy cheap $1.49 cent aged leads and get them practicing and talking to people. The business and networking will follow.

BNI networking groups. Most productive group. Made $30k in first year selling HSA HDHPs in 2004 when launched and was a new "story" to tell.

My competitors, related professionals, and other centers of influence. I get more referrals from other industry agents than any other profession.

This 3 legged stool set me on the right path of continued growth for 14 years. 100% referral for past 8 years.

I do zero social media, nor website content, or any of the "new" ways, don't need to.

14 years later, what is the current equivalent of selling HSA HDHP's for a new agent?

1. My crystal ball says that you should first get a license.
2. I charge a fee for advice to non licensed agents.

Dental plans are the future.............

Op is an agent. A post bragging about the way you started 14 years ago and now work from referrals is not particularly helpful to a new agent working out starting approaches to the current market.

In regard to dental plans, you will get no fee from me. I have had that direction at no charge from other quarters and have already selected my supplier.

Such an arse.
You quoted my advice, my secret recipe, for real agents to read.
Not one piece of bragging.
But anybody who shows success, is probably too much for your mind to handle.
Your supplier makes money off you too.......duh.
My fee is too rich for your non licensed status.

Back