Business Reply Card = Scope of Appointment?

Jon Dough

Expert
Anyone 'splain the recent change in CMS rules relative to a BRC?

I COULD read the CMS rules but--I never studied Sanskrit so I cant understand them

Anyone have a good explanation? So if I get a BRC I can call them? Go there in Person? (Which is what an SOA allows?)

THANKS!

Anyone 'splain the recent change in CMS rules relative to a BRC?

I COULD read the CMS rules but--I never studied Sanskrit so I cant understand them

Anyone have a good explanation? So if I get a BRC I can call them? Go there in Person? (Which is what an SOA allows?)

THANKS!

The BRC just allows contact (even though some say that in itself does not constitute approval to contact). The SOA doesn't necessarily give you permission to contact. It gives you permission to talk about certain products after you've made contact.

The BRC just allows contact (even though some say that in itself does not constitute approval to contact). The SOA doesn't necessarily give you permission to contact. It gives you permission to talk about certain products after you've made contact.
So I can discuss a plan, I just cant do it over the phone or in person? Gotta love bureaucrats!

Sure, you can mail them something. Because all anyone needs is a brochure, right? :swoon:
CAINT YA JESS SEN ME SUMPIN?

Getting a ton of DSNP DM leads soon--and its marked YES I want information and asks for their phone too. They will be coming from Seniors Buildings---can I not just go there and door knock those that responded?

So I can discuss a plan, I just cant do it over the phone or in person? Gotta love bureaucrats!

And this is why I stopped taking the plan D and MA classes. I understand a need to "protect" the public, but I never saw a benefit to client only coming to the table able or willing to only discuss half of the equation?? Can't tell you the number of times I have popped open the old computer, set them up on Medicare.gov and help them enroll without earning a single commission. Med Sups different story.

Gotta love Uncle Sam, he sends them a book they can't really read to discuss a subject they don't really understand and if they are still confused, they can ask an agent to come over who can only talk about half of what they really need to know to make a good decision... some why to treat the folks you've been taxing all these years.

Back