Business Reply Card = Scope of Appointment?

And this is why I stopped taking the plan D and MA classes. I understand a need to "protect" the public, but I never saw a benefit to client only coming to the table able or willing to only discuss half of the equation?? Can't tell you the number of times I have popped open the old computer, set them up on Medicare.gov and help them enroll without earning a single commission. Med Sups different story.

Gotta love Uncle Sam, he sends them a book they can't really read to discuss a subject they don't really understand and if they are still confused, they can ask an agent to come over who can only talk about half of what they really need to know to make a good decision... some why to treat the folks you've been taxing all these years.

Once again, you can talk about everything Medicare if you get that scope signed. Once signed you can tell the whole story.

My 2 pennies worth. BRC=Permission to Contact. SOA=legal to discuss Advantage Plans' specific benefits.
IMHO, without SOA, you can still discuss Medicare 101 basic "chit", Medicare A,B,C, and D, blah, blah, blah.....just not "SPECIFIC BENEFITS" about any specific plan.
That's my interpretation of these funky rules.

My 2 pennies worth. BRC=Permission to Contact. SOA=legal to discuss Advantage Plans' specific benefits.
IMHO, without SOA, you can still discuss Medicare 101 basic "chit", Medicare A,B,C, and D, blah, blah, blah.....just not "SPECIFIC BENEFITS" about any specific plan.
That's my interpretation of these funky rules.

PTC---lets say I have five BRCs in one building. I call and tell four I will bring by the information. (More likely ONE of five answers--Seniors dont answer numbers they dont know)

One never answers--I take it to her door and hand her the card--and say "Have tried to call and cannot reach you--do you want this information?"

I think its ambiguous.

Clearly there are millions of client/agent interactions a day, and IF its not compliant--whats the difference?

PTC---lets say I have five BRCs in one building. I call and tell four I will bring by the information. (More likely ONE of five answers--Seniors dont answer numbers they dont know)

One never answers--I take it to her door and hand her the card--and say "Have tried to call and cannot reach you--do you want this information?"

I think its ambiguous.

Clearly there are millions of client/agent interactions a day, and IF its not compliant--whats the difference?

The difference is that being NOT compliant can get your license taken away. That's the difference.

Too risky I say... too many hoops. Just my opinion.

It only took me 3 years of re-certifying before I felt comfortable selling MA/PDP.

Now when a lead comes in, I email them the SOA, with an explanation of what it is, and the reasoning behind it before calling to set/confirm the appointment.

I get a better conversion rate with the explanation, and I think it filters out some the tire-kickers!

Back