Cheapest 30 yr non med level term age 29

Agree, good point.

I had heard some if the inforce servicing to clients & agents wasn't the greatest with some of those carriers like MetLife, etc

True
Until recently JNL allowed me to call in and get updates and service my clients.

Genworth allowed us portal access Until recently also.

They also have paid out the ROPTerm policies as they termed out.

JNL was still doing annuities not sure if they still are.

I’ll never forget jackson national . 1987-1989. All CO’s stated dropping non med limits from $500k to $50-$100k as aids was growing fast. JNL stayed at $500k. Agents were taking out ads in gay mag’s selling the $500k non med limits . I and all my agent friends were sure by the mid 90’s JNL would be going under as all the claims started hitting . We were wrong

I’ll never forget jackson national . 1987-1989. All CO’s stated dropping non med limits from $500k to $50-$100k as aids was growing fast. JNL stayed at $500k. Agents were taking out ads in gay mag’s selling the $500k non med limits . I and all my agent friends were sure by the mid 90’s JNL would be going under as all the claims started hitting . We were wrong

I lived by the Redwood region office in Pleasanton.

My first $1,500 check, a couple weeks after leaving a captive office, becoming independent Two months before my wedding.

Got a LOT of orphans and defense of replacement deals that turned into client threads.

I am still eating from policies I can trace back to JNL.

Last edited:
pretty sure the extend low interest rate environment is what took them out of the life insurance market & they focused on their much more profitable annuity line. Similar reason Allstate literally gave away their life company to a private equity fund & sold their Annuity company to the same private equity fund as the equity fund could invest the carrier assets in a completely different manner than a normal life or annuity carrier is allowed to. Allstate is trying to focus on their more profitable PC lines. Kind of think same reasoning for Met Life leaving life insurance sales. low interest rate environment & couldnt price life products to make a profit compared to other carriers that didnt have legacy products with high interest rates to try to carry & dragged down their profitability.

Not saying lax underwriting might not have added to it, but I dont think it was the major reason these carriers bailed on life insurance

pretty sure the extend low interest rate environment is what took them out of the life insurance market & they focused on their much more profitable annuity line. Similar reason Allstate literally gave away their life company to a private equity fund & sold their Annuity company to the same private equity fund as the equity fund could invest the carrier assets in a completely different manner than a normal life or annuity carrier is allowed to. Allstate is trying to focus on their more profitable PC lines. Kind of think same reasoning for Met Life leaving life insurance sales. low interest rate environment & couldnt price life products to make a profit compared to other carriers that didnt have legacy products with high interest rates to try to carry & dragged down their profitability.

Not saying lax underwriting might not have added to it, but I dont think it was the major reason these carriers bailed on life insurance
No I was just saying I thought it would implode jackson . I was wrong as the aids wasn’t the death sentence all thought so it didn’t put them under .

Back