Click Funnels, Lead Pages Etc

Yes, what suranceman said.

Sorry about that. I believe that is called retargeting and to my knowledge, I have not set up any kind of retargeting campaign so I don't know why you would be getting ads for my website. It would be nice to get some website traffic. I watched a Grant Cardone Youtube video for about 15 minutes several months ago and now he is constantly on my FB feed.

(totally internet challenged person here, so this comment may not have any validity.) I just looked at your website. The home page is a bit different from many of the medicare websites I've seen. They show the smiling, happy older couple doing something. I have sometimes thought that was a bit hokey, but when I compare that to your picture I really get a sense of why the older couple pictures are there on other sites.

When I look at the picture on your website I get the cold, sterile "canyons of high finance" view I get while on the interstate flyover near downtown (i'm in KS) in places like Topeka, Kansas City or Tulsa OK. (Not even a sunset or airplane or something to make it interesting.) There is absolutely no sense, to me, of anything to do specifically with Sr Citizens (I'm 73) that I might identify with.

There were some interesting comments along these lines a few weeks back, from I think bevo, to Chazm while Chazm was trying to improve his website for better traffic. I'm uncertain of search terms that would get one back to that particular thread-it might be interesting reading for you if you could find it.

----------

Here (I hunted back through bevo's posts for you):

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...-med-supps-grassroots-marketing-t87544-3.html

Post 30, second paragraph for picture comment.

I don't understand all this fancy linking stuff, but I will just say I went to your website in relation to some other thread where you posted a link to an article you wrote.

I now find myself seeing ads for your website on my email screens along with Flo, GoodRx and Grant Cardone.

I have begun to wonder a little bit about getting a paid email account somewhere to get away from all that *rap. It is quite annoying.

You have to turn off cookies to block remarketing. Email has nothing to do with it.

Thanks Alston. I have not run any ads, except for on FB, nothing on Google yet so what ad would he be seeing? Also, another agent sent me a PM yesterday complimenting me on my website. I get what you say about having seniors on the homepage. I used a picture of the Columbus skyline on my homepage to kind of bring credibility to my site. People would know that they were working with someone local, someone they can trust. I have gotten a lot of good feedback so far on my site and now I am focusing on driving traffic. Which requires a lot of time and expertise. Too bad I have not gotten many responses about the real topic which was Click Funnels and Lead Pages.

Thanks Alston. I have not run any ads, except for on FB, nothing on Google yet so what ad would he be seeing?

That comment was directed at me. He saw one of my remarketing ads on, I think his gmail page, after he visited my site.

I have gotten a lot of good feedback so far on my site and now I am focusing on driving traffic. Which requires a lot of time and expertise. Too bad I have not gotten many responses about the real topic which was Click Funnels and Lead Pages.

I'm glad you're getting good feedback.

As we discussed in PM, after the AEP I may have something for you that will get you more traffic.

After it comes out of Beta, it will have a monthly fee, but I will give you some pointers if you want to do it on your own.

My goal is to create something that generates so much more in profit than the monthly fee that no one would want to stop paying me and cut off that income stream.

I have shared with you all I know about Click Funnels and Lead Pages. I've heard good things about them, but I haven't tried either. I use drip.co for email marketing I think all three are owned by the same people.

When I look at the picture on your website I get the cold, sterile "canyons of high finance" view I get while on the interstate flyover near downtown (i'm in KS) in places like Topeka, Kansas City or Tulsa OK. (Not even a sunset or airplane or something to make it interesting.) There is absolutely no sense, to me, of anything to do specifically with Sr Citizens (I'm 73) that I might identify with.

You also do not live in Columbus, OH. Part of the appeal of his site is it screams "I'm local!" without screaming "I'm local." People around here recognize - Oh - that's Columbus - my city - and this guy must be local rather than a call center in Arizona ringing my phone three times in the past 7 days.

Really, it's a great site for doing Medicare in central Ohio from a "looks" standpoint.

Really, it's a great site for doing Medicare in central Ohio from a "looks" standpoint.

Scott, I disagree with this assessment in relation to the city picture on the main page holding customer interest for further site viewing. When I looked at the site (as an age appropriate consumer), my thought was, "This is a visual impact to encourage people to leave". (And I would feel the same way if it was a picture of Wichita or Topeka KS.) That reaction coupled with the op's comment I quoted were why I made the post. I was attempting to be helpful but have just stirred up controversy.

I would enjoy being able to discuss the issue with you further but can't do it in this thread without taking the thread away from op's expressed desire to keep it closely focused on (the internet marketing products?) ClickFunnels and Leadpages.
LD

Last edited:
So much of the marketing images that are geared towards seniors include a happy active couple that have just started retirement and are taking a peaceful stroll on the beach. Well we all know that is the exception and not the norm. I could have also included a couple going thru all their medical bills wondering how their going to make ends meet since they are probably living mainly on social security. I just decided not to go that route. So my homepage clearly shows that I am a local guy, It they read my "about me" tab, they will know I've been doing this Medicare stuff for a long time. My blog and the resource materials tab provide lots of educational information. I was told that these images would go a long way to develop trust with seniors. I that trust would convince them to contact me. Its okay to have pictures of seniors on your homepage, but that doesn't do anything to develop trust in my mind anyway. Still waiting for more comments on Lead Pages and Click Funnels.

Latest posts

Back