Couldn't Believe It Myself !

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Just got paged by one of my CSR's that a new client wanted to meet with me for a minute. OK, I ran downstairs to meet him...he wanted some privacy...went back upstairs to my office...where he proceeded to tell me that he had turned in a windshield claim back in the 80's and the company had paid for it. Several years later he broke another window and paid for it out of his pocket because he felt guilty about the first one...turns out the first windshield had several chips in it when he bought the car...it got a new chip after he bought it and he took it to the agent..who promptly paid the claim. He has felt guilty ever since...even though he did explain the circumstances thoroughly to the original agent. He left me with $300 cash to send to the company.

Moral of the story...honest,christian man..doesn't wear it on his sleeve, doesn't want anyone else to know. I feel blessed to have this kind of person as a client.

I just leaned back in my chair and read this post. I probably wouldn't believe it either...but it's 100% true.

Cool!

I believe there are more people like him than not. Maybe not 30 years later but honest all the same.

On a lesser note. I was at a seminar in LA yesterday. Lost a pricey pair of sun glasses in room full agents. As I am walking to my car The Assurity guy comes running after me with the agent that found my glasses. Good people do good things all the time.

Just got paged by one of my CSR's that a new client wanted to meet with me for a minute. OK, I ran downstairs to meet him...he wanted some privacy...went back upstairs to my office...where he proceeded to tell me that he had turned in a windshield claim back in the 80's and the company had paid for it. Several years later he broke another window and paid for it out of his pocket because he felt guilty about the first one...turns out the first windshield had several chips in it when he bought the car...it got a new chip after he bought it and he took it to the agent..who promptly paid the claim. He has felt guilty ever since...even though he did explain the circumstances thoroughly to the original agent. He left me with $300 cash to send to the company.

Moral of the story...honest,christian man..doesn't wear it on his sleeve, doesn't want anyone else to know. I feel blessed to have this kind of person as a client.

I just leaned back in my chair and read this post. I probably wouldn't believe it either...but it's 100% true.

Must have wanted a reward. J/K....people are mostly good with just enough bad ones mixed in to make people cynical.

Good story....usually all we gossip about are the clients who cause us headaches....nice to hear a story of a client who wanted to do the right thing!

Was he a Jehovah's Witness or something. I know he wasn't Catholic :D

So what are you going to do with the 300 bucks?

Curious to know what the Company will do with the $300.

Weeelllllllllll... 1manshow didn't say that he actually sent it off to the company afterwards.

j/k. Karma rules!

Edit: Cross-posted with ob1.

1manshow is gonna pocket the money for a commission he never received. :1biggrin:

Hey you said this was a new client you have never even meet. Are you sure you are not being set up :1arghh:

Just so you little peckerwads know:1tongue:, I reviewed his claim with Erie, we calculated what was his fair share of the claim and sent $133.00 to Erie and $167.00 back to the client.

:1rolleyes:When I have to resort to stealing 3 hours wages I'll sell my book and retire to Mexico

Back