Dave Ramsey ELP

If you make an agreement not to sell permanent ins to his listeners, most people will honor that agreement, I do. The overwhelming % of his responders have no need for that anyway.

So what happens if you sell a perm product to one of these people, either now or later? Does he yank her ELP status?

I would assume so. That's why we always offer term to his clients. If there is a need I would still fill it though. I'll always do what is in the best interest of the client. We are looking at doing our own branding and walking away from his deal anyway.

I just concluded quite an exhaustive interview session with a rep. from the Dave Ramsey organization regarding the prospect of being an Endorsed Local Provider.

Basically, being referred to those who go to ramsey's website and look for a health insurance agent in their area.

Area is "exclusive", clearly a loose term nowadays, and you get to pay for it. 200/month for roughly 7-8 referrals.

Anyone used the service? thoughts/suggestions?

I just wonder if this is any better than buying exclusive leads, especially at nearly $30 a clip.

:nah:

I am a Dave Ramsey ELP and I can truly say that this is an opportunity of a Lifetime if Dave's Radio Show is being aired in your area. These fans are very dedicated and they want to do business with a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider (ELP).

With that said, an ELP believes in what Dave is teaching and is part of the team in HELPING people to get out of debt, helping them with the right kind of insurance that will help secure their financial future. You must have the Heart of a Teacher and really care for your fellow man. You must display compassion for those less fortunate than you and must help everyone. If you don't, the fans will give you a negative feedback and you will be out for sure!

In order to be a successful Dave Ramsey ELP, you must know what you are talking about when it comes to what Dave recommends. You MUST take Financial Peace University and get your own house in order, or at least attempt it. You must gain knowledge and believe in what Dave is trying to teach the public about debt. If you don't and you are truly not familiar with Dave's program, then the fan's will find you out and give negative feedback.

My recommendation is that if you have this opportunity before you and you yourself are a Dave Ramsey fan, I would jump on it. These are dedicated fans. I write almost everyone of my referrals. My closing ratio is extremely high. I have dumped all of the other lead services that share leads with 8 other agencies and I've dumped all of my advertising. I write a lot of insurance and it is worth it in my area. If I can't help an individual, I try to help them find insurance, even if I am not the agent and I don't make a dime. The reason that I do this is because I believe in the program. I believe in what Dave teaches and I also host classes.

Disclaimer: My results may not be your results as I am a P&C Agency. I listen to Dave's show, have read his books, have taken Financial Peace University, Host Community Classes, share financial concepts with my own clients, and have gotten my own financial house in order. My employees are required to take Financial Peace University and they have now gotten their financial house in order. I want all who work with me to be speaking the same language and we are all helping people to acheive financial success.

Good Luck!

For people that that need encouragement to quit spending more than they earn, Dave's show and books are good.

I've listened to Dave for many years. But I'm smart enough to know when he is giving good info and when he is giving questionable info and when he is completely off his rocker.

The fault with Dave is that he is too influenced by where his income streams come from to give unbiased advice. For instance, if you also sell term life insurance you could do a better job selling the Dave listeners than Zander can do with their limited companies and telesales only approach. Dave doesn't recommend they buy term from you because Zander pays him for that business not you.

I agree that many of Dave's listeners will be great clients for you. I would just never want a guy on the radio who is so biased in so many wrong ways influencing what is right for my clients.

Zander can do with their limited companies and telesales only approach. Dave doesn't recommend they buy term from you because Zander pays him for that business not you.

zander insurance texas.......hahahahaha,,,,,,

I am a Dave Ramsey ELP and I can truly say that this is an opportunity of a Lifetime if Dave's Radio Show is being aired in your area. These fans are very dedicated and they want to do business with a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider (ELP).

With that said, an ELP believes in what Dave is teaching and is part of the team in HELPING people to get out of debt, helping them with the right kind of insurance that will help secure their financial future. You must have the Heart of a Teacher and really care for your fellow man. You must display compassion for those less fortunate than you and must help everyone. If you don't, the fans will give you a negative feedback and you will be out for sure!

In order to be a successful Dave Ramsey ELP, you must know what you are talking about when it comes to what Dave recommends. You MUST take Financial Peace University and get your own house in order, or at least attempt it. You must gain knowledge and believe in what Dave is trying to teach the public about debt. If you don't and you are truly not familiar with Dave's program, then the fan's will find you out and give negative feedback.

My recommendation is that if you have this opportunity before you and you yourself are a Dave Ramsey fan, I would jump on it. These are dedicated fans. I write almost everyone of my referrals. My closing ratio is extremely high. I have dumped all of the other lead services that share leads with 8 other agencies and I've dumped all of my advertising. I write a lot of insurance and it is worth it in my area. If I can't help an individual, I try to help them find insurance, even if I am not the agent and I don't make a dime. The reason that I do this is because I believe in the program. I believe in what Dave teaches and I also host classes.

Disclaimer: My results may not be your results as I am a P&C Agency. I listen to Dave's show, have read his books, have taken Financial Peace University, Host Community Classes, share financial concepts with my own clients, and have gotten my own financial house in order. My employees are required to take Financial Peace University and they have now gotten their financial house in order. I want all who work with me to be speaking the same language and we are all helping people to acheive financial success.

Good Luck!

You sound like a true follower.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For people that that need encouragement to quit spending more than they earn, Dave's show and books are good.

I've listened to Dave for many years. But I'm smart enough to know when he is giving good info and when he is giving questionable info and when he is completely off his rocker.

The fault with Dave is that he is too influenced by where his income streams come from to give unbiased advice. For instance, if you also sell term life insurance you could do a better job selling the Dave listeners than Zander can do with their limited companies and telesales only approach. Dave doesn't recommend they buy term from you because Zander pays him for that business not you.

I agree that many of Dave's listeners will be great clients for you. I would just never want a guy on the radio who is so biased in so many wrong ways influencing what is right for my clients.

Newby, I am with you.

Ramsey is wrong about credit cards if you can control them. I have a wallet full and use them all the time, pay my bill in full every month and collect all kinds of rewards. Ramsey is also wrong about whole life insurance as far as I am concerned and the return to expect from mutual funds. Ramsey along with most people today does not understand or talk about the problem of compound taxes in qualified plans.

Last edited:
Ramsey couldn't keep his ratings up in Atlanta so his contract with WGST was not renewed. He scrambled to find another station. WSB picked him up but he no longer was in the afternoon drive time slot but moved to 1 - 4 AM.

A few months later an earlier time slot opened so now he is 10PM to 1AM.

Not exactly prime listening hours.

He is a shameless self promoter with nothing original to offer. Even his debt snowball approach was lifted from John Cumutta.

Ramsey couldn't keep his ratings up in Atlanta so his contract with WGST was not renewed. He scrambled to find another station. WSB picked him up but he no longer was in the afternoon drive time slot but moved to 1 - 4 AM.

A few months later an earlier time slot opened so now he is 10PM to 1AM.

Not exactly prime listening hours.

He is a shameless self promoter with nothing original to offer. Even his debt snowball approach was lifted from John Cumutta.

It's funny you say that because in my neck of the woods he has moved to 6p.m to 8p.m. I guess all these conservative talk shows are more popular. Maybe people think they can help their situation better by complaining about taxes than getting out of debt.:D

Good Luck!

So what you are saying here is that you mainly deal with P&C and probably don't know very much about the intricacies of the different life insurances available, yet you consider yourself qualified just because you went through some kool-aid drinking program put on by the master of life insurance deception? :swoon:

Back