Democrat debate

The "right" has elected (I believe) one of the first ever non-politicians as Presidents of the united states... I'm not the "right" prefer to just be called an American by the way. No party deserves my allegiance... they earn my vote.

You need to you climb out of the weeds... don't get stuck in the talking points.

History is a very good teacher. But when you learn from her you need to learn the whole and not just the parts you like. Because if you forget a lesson that she teaches... you will learn it all over again, even if you didn't want to.

We are quickly on our way to becoming another one of histories lessons... and that doesn't happen overnight.

Fascinating. Have you read Hegel?

You're leaving out the fact that it's 7....SEVEN major news networks against one. Fox. Weak point.

So, in your world it's the quantity of news networks. Okay..

In my world news networks are garbage and are entertainment and ad revenue machines first. So, they're all discredited. My comparison with Fox was only to illustrate that it has happened as well on the Right media. It's even worse when we move to that garbage Alex Jones puts out.

Fox is the only major Right news Network. So they're always going to be 1 v 7, sorry. That's the world we live in.

My commentary is more about the overall state of our political landscape for the last 30 years. Which if you can't infer, is a yp, not a mp.

Within the last 16 years, it's become much more extreme and less about working together. It happened under Obama where he was gridlocked, it's happened to Trump where he's gridlocked.

The Left is definitely guilty of it, but to pretend the Right isn't is whitewashing responsibility for a continuation or a beginning of it.

Let's be real for a second, a large, vocal majority of this forum are Republican. I don't expect to change anyone's mind.

Your argument is the Left is to blame. Mine is that the whole system is, and has been, for quite awhile. Trump is just a biproduct of how extreme we've become.

The Left is doing the same thing by pushing Bernie or Warren.

You're welcome to your opinion, my opinion doesn't substitute yours; nor is it any better or worse than yours.

I'm trying to find an exit out of this conversation, because it's circular. I'm not following this any longer. We have the right to agree to disagree and you can legit say whatever you want about my opinion, but please do me a favor and don't quote me directly so I don't get E-mails.

Fascinating. Have you read Hegel?

Bits... history though is full of lessons learned and relearned and learned again and then relearned again.

A big lesson in history is an economic truth that has rang down through the ages and remains true to this day... "There is no such thing as a free lunch."

But the way in which we are so quickly and clearly degrading human value (born and unborn) I believe we are on our way to a German experience. The evidence rest, I believe in the level of hate and bitterness you find in society. It is very easy to tap into this kind of fuel by someone who understands human emotions... ask Hitler, Mao, Stalin and a host of small dictators who rose to power in the presence and approval of the same masses they led to the grave.

The "right" has elected (I believe) one of the first ever non-politicians as Presidents of the united states... I'm not the "right" prefer to just be called an American by the way. No party deserves my allegiance... they earn my vote.

You need to you climb out of the weeds... don't get stuck in the talking points.

History is a very good teacher. But when you learn from her you need to learn the whole and not just the parts you like. Because if you forget a lesson that she teaches... you will learn it all over again, even if you didn't want to.

We are quickly on our way to becoming another one of histories lessons... and that doesn't happen overnight.

If you're taking offense by being called, "The Right" that's a yp, since I never said LIFEHAWK is a Right-winger.

There's a Right and a Left in this country. There's nothing wrong with differing ideas.

You're getting too bogged down in semantics vs the issue.

I won't be responding further to any quotes. This conversation is at a point where I think it's exhausted.

You have the right to your opinion. It's no less valid than mine.

Seriously...it's almost as if some of you don't realize there are other sources of information besides major news networks. The only reason Fox does so well is because of the amount of dullards in America who love the taste of its delicious propaganda. The same can be said of CNN. Like Life Hawk said, history is great teacher. So is philosophy, political science and well, science in general. That being said, political arguments on the internet almost always pan out as such: 1) People cherry picking bits of data to support their claims. 2) Outrageous strawman retorts and/or "moving the goal posts." 3) Retorts claiming facts with zero sources or false premises 4) Ad hominem attacks that devolve the fragile discourse (discourse which should really only be reserved for those who get sufficient oxygen to their brains).

Seriously...it's almost as if some of you don't realize there are other sources of information besides major news networks. The only reason Fox does so well is because of the amount of dullards in America who love the taste of its delicious propaganda. The same can be said of CNN. Like Life Hawk said, history is great teacher. So is philosophy, political science and well, science in general. That being said, political arguments on the internet almost always pan out as such: 1) People cherry picking bits of data to support their claims. 2) Outrageous strawman retorts and/or "moving the goal posts." 3) Retorts claiming facts with zero sources or false premises 4) Ad hominem attacks that devolve the fragile discourse (discourse which should really only be reserved for those who get sufficient oxygen to their brains).

Are you even an agent You have 6 posts and they are all political

Possibly a troll

Within the last 16 years, it's become much more extreme and less about working together.

My case in point. The larger picture is the fracture in politics is a picture of the fracture we are suffering at ground level in the day to day of the people of the country.

De tocqueville once wrote about how the strength of our country came much through our churches and the lessons they imparted those who attended. He spoke of a higher morality that was not subject to the whims of a voting block nor tethered to the emotions of individuals. An absolute that never changes nor falters... both to provide instruction and hope for those it touched. A comality between distinctly different individuals creating a foundation to build a highly functional society.

Latest posts

Back