Did some door knocking yesterday... and then ate some bacon

Can you say heat attack waiting to happen. But I honestly would love to try it.

Actually there is now a host of peer reviewed research that essentially proves that Sugar, and high circulating insulin levels, is the cause of heart disease, many cancers, and even Alzheimer's, not fat.

There is a reason these diseases are common today but were far from common 150 years ago: Human beings, though the vegans will cry foul (or fowl) were primarily carnivores, and ate high fat very low sugar and processed grain/starch diets. In fact, these diseases were historically diseases of the rich, and even early physicians tagged sugar consumption as the primary cause (only the rich could afford sugar in any quantity prior to the 20th century).

If you do two pounds of bacon a day for 30 days, AND you do not cheat: no sugars, no starches, and then go and get a blood test, if your experience is like most who have tried it, your cholesterol levels will be improved, your triglycerides will be lower, and your blood pressure in a healthier range than before the bacon.

Actually there is now a host of peer reviewed research that essentially proves that Sugar, and high circulating insulin levels, is the cause of heart disease, many cancers, and even Alzheimer's, not fat.

There is a reason these diseases are common today but were far from common 150 years ago: Human beings, though the vegans will cry foul (or fowl) were primarily carnivores, and ate high fat very low sugar and processed grain/starch diets. In fact, these diseases were historically diseases of the rich, and even early physicians tagged sugar consumption as the primary cause (only the rich could afford sugar in any quantity prior to the 20th century).

If you do two pounds of bacon a day for 30 days, AND you do not cheat: no sugars, no starches, and then go and get a blood test, if your experience is like most who have tried it, your cholesterol levels will be improved, your triglycerides will be lower, and your blood pressure in a healthier range than before the bacon.
I seriously might try it.

No, I used a drive through window. They didn't catch me.

Actually, I just pull up in front of the guys house and he comes out to the curb..curb service. I never get out of the car. He lives in a little town of about 500, 5 minutes from me. Been using the same dealer for about 15 years. Safe, good quality and a fair price and never have to wait..he's always got some. :biggrin:
Now we know why you always have the best posts!

I remember going over this when you 1st came on the Forum. They had bacon on sale last week, but I didn't get any because you had to buy 10 pounds. From what you're saying, that'd only last 5 days. I think I'm going to try it. Seriously, do you lose the weight from running to the toilet? :unsure:

I seriously might try it.

I drop 20 to 30 pounds every time I do it. Then I continue to eat well for a period of time, which for me is mostly unprocessed meats, eggs, and fish, and an occasional potato or sweet potato (I never was a big veggie fan). The problem is I am a sugar addict, and like an alcoholic who takes one drink and risks falling of the wagon, I do well until I have "just one bite" of that donut. Did I say one bite ... I meant one dozen. Then it all unravels.

The potatoes are kind of a gateway drug for me as the humanr body treats the starch in the root veggies as sugar (starch, a complex carbohydrate, is simply a string of simple sugars). If I could do my life all over again, I'd major in biochemistry, get a PhD, and study human metabolism and disease as it relates to the diet. It became a weird sort of hobby of mine (reading about this stuff) after I was diagnosed with diabetic fasting blood glucose levels a few years ago. When I am eating properly, I maintain the blood sugar levels of a healthy high school athlete. When I am off my diet, I'm your typical FE client.

I remember going over this when you 1st came on the Forum. They had bacon on sale last week, but I didn't get any because you had to buy 10 pounds. From what you're saying, that'd only last 5 days. I think I'm going to try it. Seriously, do you lose the weight from running to the toilet? :unsure:

Most folks actually have the opposite problem - they think they are constipated because the need to go is reduced greatly. It seems as though this is because the body uses the fat for energy (instead of the sugar we fat Americans tend to burn) and of course we use the protein for maintenance and repair. There is no indigestible crap," so waste is minimal. The only folks who seem to have a problem are those with gall bladder issues (or who have had the gall bladder removed). These folks may have an issue of the sort you allude to during an adjustment phase.

Speaking of adjustment - you will probably feel like crap on day two or three as your body uses up the stores of glucose (glycogen) and converts to fat burning. Some liken it to the flu. Sugar is a drug, and some folks suffer withdrawal like symptoms, albeit briefly. After that, you will probably be surprised by how much energy you have and how many more doors you can knock in an hour.

Speaking of adjustment - you will probably feel like crap on day two or three as your body uses up the stores of glucose (glycogen) and converts to fat burning. Some liken it to the flu. Sugar is a drug, and some folks suffer withdrawal like symptoms, albeit briefly. After that, you will probably be surprised by how much energy you have and how many more doors you can knock in an hour.
Oh crap, I just got over the flu last month. I had just about taken most of the sugar out of my diet, then I broke down and bought some Snickers, Almond Joys and Pepsi. Now I need to get rid of it again.

Maybe I'll do that next week. :fibs:

Eating fat no more makes you fat than eating carrots makes you a carrot.
If you want to know all about eating high fat (bacon) low carb (no sugar)
check out the dietdoctor.com the results are amazing.

Back