Did some door knocking yesterday... and then ate some bacon

Please anyone reading don't do this. You need fat. In fact you need more fat percentage wise than protein.

There is a reason that DudeIMO is the leading IMO of the entire FE world. Yes - you need the fat. This should be high fat moderate protein, and zero cars for 30 days, then transition to keto, i.e. you may add in non-starch veggies. This does not mean that you should add a pound of butter to your bacon, nor does it mean you should drink the bacon grease. Cook your meat to your desired doneness (though well done beef shouldnever be desired) and eat the meat with all the fat (don't kill yourself trying to gnaw the grizzle - eat what you can actually eat).

No fair!!! He told me it had to be bacon only for 30 days. He must like you better than he likes me. :twitchy:

First, as Josh pointed out, you're in the wrong IMO. :tongue:

Second, I'm pretty sure I told you that you can sub ribeye or other fatty beef, but that the jump start benefit is in not transitioning to keto until you do 30 days no carb.

As to the rotisserie chicken, I have a friend who ate one of those a day for 30 or 40 days (I can't remember exactly how long but it was around there) and he lost 40 pounds, his triglycerides went from +400 to 105, his good HDL cholesterol went UP and his bad LDL cholesterol went DOWN - eating all the fat and skin that each bird had. I am friends with another lady who had been a vegan for years, her health started suffering greatly after about five years. She now eats only untrimmed rib eye steaks (1 to 2 pounds per day depending on her hunger. She is 5' 6" 120 pounds with abs of steel.

Fat is your friend. The ideal ratio seems to be to get 80% of your calories from fat, 20% or less from protein, and as little carbs as you want. SUGAR is the devil.

Hahaha

I'm just doing this for 3 more weeks, then transitioning to the Keto diet.

All bacon diet is not high protein. An all rotisserie chicken diet is not high protein, so long as you eat the fat too. A skinless grilled chicken breast diet will not be good for long term kidney health.

There is a reason that DudeIMO is the leading IMO of the entire FE world. Yes - you need the fat. This should be high fat moderate protein, and zero cars for 30 days, then transition to keto, i.e. you may add in non-starch veggies. This does not mean that you should add a pound of butter to your bacon, nor does it mean you should drink the bacon grease. Cook your meat to your desired doneness (though well done beef shouldnever be desired) and eat the meat with all the fat (don't kill yourself trying to gnaw the grizzle - eat what you can actually eat).

First, as Josh pointed out, you're in the wrong IMO. :tongue:

Second, I'm pretty sure I told you that you can sub ribeye or other fatty beef, but that the jump start benefit is in not transitioning to keto until you do 30 days no carb.

As to the rotisserie chicken, I have a friend who ate one of those a day for 30 or 40 days (I can't remember exactly how long but it was around there) and he lost 40 pounds, his triglycerides went from +400 to 105, his good HDL cholesterol went UP and his bad LDL cholesterol went DOWN - eating all the fat and skin that each bird had. I am friends with another lady who had been a vegan for years, her health started suffering greatly after about five years. She now eats only untrimmed rib eye steaks (1 to 2 pounds per day depending on her hunger. She is 5' 6" 120 pounds with abs of steel.

Fat is your friend. The ideal ratio seems to be to get 80% of your calories from fat, 20% or less from protein, and as little carbs as you want. SUGAR is the devil.
Yes you did, but I thought you were talking about after 30 days. I'm getting so sick of bacon only. What about ham? Ham's got a lot of fat and I've got a spiral cut ham in the freezer.

Fried chicken's a no? :huh:

Fried chicken is fine but not breaded and fried.

I'm not sure about the ham - if it is glzed or honey or sugar-cured I'd suggest keeping it off the diet for now.

You can't go wrong with fatty beef - ribeyes, brisket, chuck roasts. Any relatively unprocessed meat should be fine, though there have been anecdotal studies that suggest uncured pork can inhibit ketosis and blood glucose lowering (so maybe bacon and ham are both ok, but no pork chops and spare ribs?).

I'd stick to whole chickens - or if not whole chickens, then stick to the legs and thighs. Beef, and fish, especially salmon and mackerel.
The ham has a packet of glaze with it. I'll leave that off.

The only things I can eat are frozen so I'm eading for the grocery store right now!!! :yes:

The ham has a packet of glaze with it. I'll leave that off.

The only things I can eat are frozen so I'm eading for the grocery store right now!!! :yes:
Just got back. Got a big packages of chicken legs and thighs, broccoli cauliflower and a whole rotisserie chicken, which I'm gnawing on right now lie a caveman. :laugh:

Update time. After eating one round of bacon and 1/3 of a whole fotisserie chicken yesterday, I dropped another pound. 8 1/2 pounds in 7 days.

How're you other "Fat Boys" doing? :laugh:

Update time. After eating one round of bacon and 1/3 of a whole fotisserie chicken yesterday, I dropped another pound. 8 1/2 pounds in 7 days.

How're you other "Fat Boys" doing? :laugh:

Down 6lbs. I’ve onlu lost weight every other day. Weird. I’ll take it. Should be down 10lbs in 7-8 days.

Down 6lbs. I’ve onlu lost weight every other day. Weird. I’ll take it. Should be down 10lbs in 7-8 days.
My losses vary. I've had 2,1 and 1/2 pound days. The only days I didn't lose was when I cheated. I'm glad that you posted about eating chicken and other things. I misunderstood DT. I was getting sick of eating Bacon. I've eaten another 1/3 of that chicken and some raw broccoli and cauliflower today. I prefer them with veggie dip, but that would defeat the purpose. I've been drinking 1/2 a glass of 2% milk with each meal. I'm down to 194.8, my lowest weight in 10 years.

Won't be long until my dear old 87 year old mom stops telling me that I look like I'm preganant, or stops saying, "you haven't had that baby yet?". :laugh: All of my weight's in my belly.

Back