Discussion on Rebuttals to Door Knocking Objections

You're fine. I mean JD's not jumping your ass, so that's a good sign (he and Gooner jumped mine when I first came on). But it can be a tough crowd, almost as tough as Old Forge!:laugh:

Nah I didnt think so. Its al good. I just got a kick out of "infraction"---I have to do it a certain way or ONE guy cant read it on his phone. Its like Seniors that say WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME WHEN IM HAVING MY COFFEE? "Uhh well Im not Clark Kent, I dont have X ray vision Edna! I didnt KNOW youre having coffee!"

Nah I didnt think so. Its al good. I just got a kick out of "infraction"---I have to do it a certain way or ONE guy cant read it on his phone. Its like Seniors that say WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME WHEN IM HAVING MY COFFEE? "Uhh well Im not Clark Kent, I dont have X ray vision Edna! I didnt KNOW youre having coffee!"

No three people in this thread alone said something to you lol

They're right. You need to fix this infraction pronto ;)

"I say this is a "confidential matter I can only discuss with Mary since she filled it out "

Are you being serious?

If a stranger came to my door - uninvited - then acted like a bully while trying to bypass me to get to my wife - the cops would be called after the door was slammed.

my wife has strange men knocking on our door all the time. I just let them in and point them towards the bedroom. they always seem to end up there anyway.

no big deal. sometimes I am forced to turn the tv up. I hate it when that happens!

my wife has strange men knocking on our door all the time. I just let them in and point them towards the bedroom. they always seem to end up there anyway.

no big deal. sometimes I am forced to turn the tv up. I hate it when that happens!

Last edited by a moderator:
So basically there's no new ideas how to by pass the gatekeeper at the door . Another cluster fu.Bottom line 30% or more times somebody other than the lead card person will answer the door . At least 1/2 the time they ask what is this in reference to. 95% of the time they come back and say she's not interested.

I assume anyone that answers the door is my lead. When there not...

"Oh sorry. I'm looking for Barbara about the benefits she applied for"

She doesn't/won't come to the door.

"I hate to put you in the middle, this is really time sensitive can you just ask her to come to the door."

"What's this about?"

"It's about her benefits/the benefits she applied for"

/QUOTE]

I said this in post #7---it has never YET failed to work

For me--Door knocking distills down days and days of fussing with phones and times and etc---they see you, can see youre a good guy and no threat but they dont know why youre there. You let THEM define why you are there. You STOP talking and let THEM tel you why you are there
====================================

So the discussion is how do other door knockers handle the above and other objections ?I'm always open to learning .

When they answer the door, smile, say hi, hand them the card and say "Remember mailing this in about a week ago?"

"Whats this about?" And I give a friendly smile and a SMALL chuckle

"Well I dont know! I know why "the company" (never say I sent it) sent them----but every person that sends it back has a different reason. So (chuckle) you tell me what you were wanting when you sent it in!"

btw I DONT think of them as rebuttals-if they have a need and are trying to fill it, I need to find out what their need is. Rebuttals are for debate!

Latest posts

Back