Discussion on Rebuttals to Door Knocking Objections

BibH

Guru
100+ Post Club
We all know how to combat the basic objections of I'm busy or I'm about to leave . With a married couple the one I run into the most is when the other spouse answers the door . Every time "what's this about ". I either tell them the truth "it's about a form Mary filled out asking for urgent information " or I say this is a "confidential matter I can only discuss with Mary since she filled it out " . Sometimes they insist on knowing what it's about are there not going to get her. Almost every time if you tell them what it's really about they come back and tell you she's not interested. So the discussion is how do other door knockers handle the above and other objections ?I'm always open to learning .

We all know how to combat the basic objections of I'm busy or I'm about to leave . With a married couple the one I run into the most is when the other spouse answers the door . Every time "what's this about ". I either tell them the truth "it's about a form Mary filled out asking for urgent information " or I say this is a "confidential matter I can only discuss with Mary since she filled it out " . Sometimes they insist on knowing what it's about are there not going to get her. Almost every time if you tell them what it's really about they come back and tell you she's not interested. So the discussion is how do other door knockers handle the above and other objections ?I'm always open to learning .

Always keep your radar on for "IRM" (Interest, Respect, and Money). If one of those is missing, you can forget it. Keep your interactions with assholes like this brief. Enough aggravation in this business without bringing more on myself. Those people you reference had no interest and didn't show you any respect. Doesn't matter whether they had money (you can't know that till the end, anyway). Movin' on!

tenor.gif

No wonder they come back and say not interested. Who is your upline?

Lol Dude I do 4 times the business you do and you got a smart tongue

hey you wanted input! Sounds weird to tell a spouse they can't hear information because it is confidential.........

you might do 5 times now if you change that one thing!

tenor.gif

and the who is your upline was a joke cause that is usually the first thing posted in this style of thread lol

Bib, no offense but wouldn't you be offended if some strange man knocked on your door wanting to speak to your wife and refused to tell you what it's about? Of on the wrong foot right there. You end up telling them what it's about anyway, so why manufacture a confrontation you will not win.:err:

So the discussion is how do other door knockers handle the above and other objections ?I'm always open to learning .[/QUOTE]

When they answer the door, smile, say hi, hand them the card and say "Remember mailing this in about a week ago?"

"Whats this about?" And I give a friendly smile and a SMALL chuckle

"Well I dont know! I know why "the company" (never say I sent it) sent them----but every person that sends it back has a different reason. So (chuckle) you tell me what you were wanting when you sent it in!"

btw I DONT think of them as rebuttals-if they have a need and are trying to fill it, I need to find out what their need is. Rebuttals are for debate!

Bib, no offense but wouldn't you be offended if some strange man knocked on your door wanting to speak to your wife and refused to tell you what it's about? Of on the wrong foot right there. You end up telling them what it's about anyway, so why manufacture a confrontation you will not win.:err:

yepppp

-ask for advice
-get annoyed when i answer

Solid.

Labesky, when you want to quote and reply to just a portion of a quote, you still have to include the notation before the quote that indicates who wrote it, and is between brackets. It turns into a mess when the next person quotes you. I've seen you make this infraction in the past as well, so figured I'd help.

How about just saying that Mary had asked for information that you are trying to deliver to her? I think that will probably save you from getting your block knocked off by trying to tell the significant other that it is non of their business (in essence).

My significant other just happens to be named Mary. If you were to say that to me you would probably get the same look at Chris Rock gives in the previously posted video. I would then probably tell you to come back when you change your rules because we don't play by your rules in our house! That's me being polite. If you caught me on a bad day....well, let's just say I wouldn't be anywhere near as nice. :mad:

Back