Door knocking ALL your leads vs just ones you couldn’t set

As a point of reference, I am working a very rrural/remote area this week ... I'm way up on the mountains ... 40 minutes between doors is not unusual.

Today:

First knock at 11 AM - last knock at 7:05 PM

Six Doors for the day:

2 no answer

1 told me to pound sand

3 sits - each sit was sold

$1825 AP for the day ...

Bingo i also never give my # out .I also use i'll be in Your area from 10-12 in the morning if i make an appt for the next day. Not to pin them down as they'll sometimes say "They don't know when they'll be home" which is bs.Also some people during door knocks that won't let you in at that moment will say" Give me your card and i'll call you" . I'm working your area all week and i'll stop by in the next few days. One thing for certain. You must do everything in your power to get in the house right then and there are your chances fall drastically of ever getting in. I'll use lines like " I just drove 80 miles to see you can't you spare 3 min's" If your not interested i'll shake your hand and be gone. It's very very important to be enthusiast at the door . For instance if a dogs at the door i'll say " He's not going to attack me is he in a very animated voice" . It drops their shield and gets me in the house. 3 out of the 20 net leads i get have a po box which means 80% of the time i have to call them as you can't find their address. Occasionally you get a smart ass who's pissed you dare show up at their house . Think about it. I can't remember the last time somebody door knocked me. The question all must ask themselves. Can you drive 600-1000 miles a week every single week and knock on 6-15 doors a day. Its a very grinding lifestyle . Burnout is very real. i think eventually you got to get it down to 2-3 max 10-12 hr days to last

Last edited:
As a point of reference, I am working a very rrural/remote area this week ... I'm way up on the mountains ... 40 minutes between doors is not unusual.

Today:

Six Doors for the day:

2 no answer

1 told me to pound sand

$1825 AP for the day ...

That's the kind of info I was wanting. Thank you.

What's your opinion on just cold knocking 20-35+ doors from a list in a more dense area VS 6-12 quality but spread apart FB leads?

Also, do you leave anything at the door if they don't answer?

Sounds like my area. When I worked DM I would drive 90 miles east, go north 50 miles and south 50 miles and then drive home. Most days 300+ miles.

I agree with DonP. Work hard 2 to 3 days a week and call it quits. A person can't knock 5 days a week 8 to 10 hours a day in this heat and last in this business. Well maybe you can for a while, but it will get old fast.

One thing for certain. You must do everything in your power to get in the house right then and there are your chances fall drastically of ever getting in.

I agree. I do have a good success rate with setting appointments at the door, either for later thant day or a later date. But I flat out tell them "look, I'm too busy to come back if you're planning on not being here for our appointment or if you are planning on pretending your not home when I knock again. I don't care if you want to keep your family on the hook for this money rather than taking care of it yourself. I do care about you wasting my time. If you aren't interested and you just want to get rid of me, tell me now and I'll crumple up your information sheet and you can throw it in the garbage for me." Out of my last 8 appointments set at the door for a later time/date I had one no show and 7 sales. I also had five or six folks tell me they really weren't interested and that I'd be wasting my time to come back. I was grateful for their honesty. They are in my file to door knock them again in three months.

I agree with DonP. Work hard 2 to 3 days a week and call it quits. A person can't knock 5 days a week 8 to 10 hours a day in this heat and last in this business. Well maybe you can for a while, but it will get old fast.

I do four days most weeks. Monday through Thursday. If I have $3K by Thursday night, I have the option of taking Friday off to play golf. If I have $5K submitted by Thursday night, Friday golf is mandatory.

I agree with the burnout. I went at it hard in December. I made good money but by the end of January I was ready for a straight jacket and a quiet corner.

That's the kind of info I was wanting. Thank you.

What's your opinion on just cold knocking 20-35+ doors from a list in a more dense area VS 6-12 quality but spread apart FB leads?

Also, do you leave anything at the door if they don't answer?

I like knocking a list. I am sending out a 1000 piece mail drop right after Labor Day and I will be knocking names on that mailing list when I have a responder nearby. I like to cold knock because it keeps me sharp. I did it last summer and wrote as much from knocking the cold doors as did the leads that were returned in the mail. But right now, the easy money is definitely knocking those calendar leads.

FWIW, I do not provide a calendar link nor a "click to call" option when I order the leads. I just want the lead card and I'll schedule when I will be at their door. You're in Tennessee ... someone somewhere has some aged leads for you to buy on the cheap and door knock for a week as practice. Then start getting your calendar leads and make some money.

Bingo i also never give my # out .I also use i'll be in Your area from 10-12 in the morning if i make an appt for the next day. Not to pin them down as they'll sometimes say "They don't know when they'll be home" which is bs.Also some people during door knocks that won't let you in at that moment will say" Give me your card and i'll call you" . I'm working your area all week and i'll stop by in the next few days. One thing for certain. You must do everything in your power to get in the house right then and there are your chances fall drastically of ever getting in. I'll use lines like " I just drove 80 miles to see you can't you spare 3 min's" If your not interested i'll shake your hand and be gone. It's very very important to be enthusiast at the door . For instance if a dogs at the door i'll say " He's not going to attack me is he in a very animated voice" . It drops their shield and gets me in the house. 3 out of the 20 net leads i get have a po box which means 80% of the time i have to call them as you can't find their address. Occasionally you get a smart ass who's pissed you dare show up at their house . Think about it. I can't remember the last time somebody door knocked me. The question all must ask themselves. Can you drive 600-1000 miles a week every single week and knock on 6-15 doors a day. Its a very grinding lifestyle . Burnout is very real. i think eventually you got to get it down to 2-3 max 10-12 hr days to last

Good post,especially for the new guys.

I do not set appointments....not just FE appointments,any appointments except the dentist,doctor etc.....I door knock,and they won't let me in or make they make an excuse,I just walk away and the lead goes into the trash.Let me be clear,I do ask very direct questions in regards to why they mailed in the card,what was on their mind when they filled it out.

I'm in the south,working in the country.Anyone who's going to become a good customer/client is going to value my time,show me common courtesy and sit down with me.I'm not begging or pleading with anyone to listen,sit with me. I feel those are NSF's and lapses,cancellations anyways. I mean really,are you there to sell them or for them to sell you ?

I go for the low hanging fruit and move on.

It's tough enough even when everything is going my way.......why waste time,move on to the next door,buy more leads.

Having a really good BS detector saves lots of wasted time.

The driving 600-1000 miles a week,every week will burn you out.

Ask your upline if he's willing to do that.Ask your upline his opinion of how you can possibly drive like that week to week,hit all those doors,eat fast food,pee on the side of the road or in someone's bushes,and ask him to explain how you can make a lifetime career out of that.

I know there are a ton of guys that set appointments,think I'm wrong,I'm ok with that. This post is mainly written for the newer guys in the learning curve who want to make it and stay in the business.

Lol i don't know how many country dirt roads i stopped on and pissed in the middle of the road. As for food i work out daily and bring 2 yogurts with me daily . The upline could give 2 shits. There only goal is to sit in their office and cheer you on as they make 20-30% on your back in fyi and scalp 2% on the back end . Ask yourself why almost every single former top producer that ever was on this board recruits now?becasue they burned out and can make 5 times the money on the backs of agents. Their job is to give you a dream . If enough people believe in that dream they get supper rich.

Today:

Six Doors for the day:
2 no answer
1 told me to pound sand
$1825 AP for the day ...

The past two days:

20 doors, 4 sits, 1 sale, 3 told me to pound sand, 13 no answers ... a bit of a slump

$2610 AP total for the week ... or should I say "for the weak."

Back at it tomorrow!

Latest posts

Back