Door knocking Face to Face in 2024

My opinion: the shift to remote work in our industry runs alongside what's happening in all industries due to COVID.

In addition, the final expense industry has always lagged behind from an innovation standpoint compared to other industries.

Think about term insurance and Medicare: those industries developed e-apps and remote-friendly sales processes years before final expense carriers ever did.

In our free lead program where we track numbers very closely, our top telesales agents close 12% to 15% of total leads received weekly. Last month, 60% of our free lead agents were closing over 8% of their leads. Of course, this number fluctuates and has dropped in recent weeks closer to the mean.

The top ones do a mixture of pre-set Facebook generated appointments in combination with outbound calls. Every other agent strictly does outbound calls to leads only.

I agree: with two agents of equal skill, the face-to-face agent will always close at a higher percentage. However, telesales agent with a well-designed system has the potential to scale his or her activity to overcome the close rate detriment to meet or beat what the face-to-face agent can write.

Personally, I don't think one is better than the other. And I don't see the fears of lower persistency panning out based on the numbers I've reviewed over the past few years. This is only speaking of my company's results and no one else's.
What kind of coin are you dropping on leads for the free lead agents each month, ?

I’m a face to face agent. I did telesales last year. It was very boring and tedious. I’m much more impactful as an agent in the home. You discover a lot more when you are in the home.

Perfect example today . Wasn’t going to even work today . Knocked some life direct mail . Wrote 4 Medicare and 2 life . Everyone one I replaced was sold over the phone .2 of the 4 Medicare was because they asked me about someone else in my household that wasn’t visible to me at the time I was writing . If I were over the phone I’d have never written . But I agree with Dave over the phone you can present to many more people . But I’m willing to bet the longevity of a full time telesales agent less than a face to face . I think telesales much harder than face to face . The monotonous daily grind very tough .

My opinion: the shift to remote work in our industry runs alongside what's happening in all industries due to COVID.

In addition, the final expense industry has always lagged behind from an innovation standpoint compared to other industries.

Think about term insurance and Medicare: those industries developed e-apps and remote-friendly sales processes years before final expense carriers ever did.

In our free lead program where we track numbers very closely, our top telesales agents close 12% to 15% of total leads received weekly. Last month, 60% of our free lead agents were closing over 8% of their leads. Of course, this number fluctuates and has dropped in recent weeks closer to the mean.

The top ones do a mixture of pre-set Facebook generated appointments in combination with outbound calls. Every other agent strictly does outbound calls to leads only.

I agree: with two agents of equal skill, the face-to-face agent will always close at a higher percentage. However, telesales agent with a well-designed system has the potential to scale his or her activity to overcome the close rate detriment to meet or beat what the face-to-face agent can write.

Personally, I don't think one is better than the other. And I don't see the fears of lower persistency panning out based on the numbers I've reviewed over the past few years. This is only speaking of my company's results and no one else's.
Hahaha!! :D Good one!!

I feel the spin!! But I'm not in the rinse cycle so I'm not dizzy from the hyperbole! But hey, if you can sign 'em up with that spiel them good on you. :biggrin:

Here’s all that matters . On Dec 31st show me total deposits minus total cost of leads , traveling ( if out of town ) . I want to see true net net before taxes . I’ve known many agents that did $200 k plus of premium but netted squat . But the overrider netted a mint . Insurance is like any other industry. The guys at the top of the structure that last ( fmo’s , IMO’s ) make multi seven figs and a very small % of agents due very well . It’s why 5% make it

The unprovoked swings at telesales from the uninformed continue.

F2F works. Telesales works.

You replace telesales policies. We replace F2F policies as well.

You spend your day in front of your windshield. We spend our day in front of a monitor.

You hear from failed telesales agents. We hear from failed F2F agents.

You can pull examples of F2F being more profitable for agents. We can pull examples of telesales being more profitable.

You hear about low quality of business from poorly trained telesales agents and believe it's that way for all telesales agents.

You don't hear from successful telesales producers because you're in an echochamber of F2F agents.

There is no wrong decision here. Some agents prefer F2F and some prefer telesales. Assuming a quality setup, ultimately it's up to the agent on if they'll be successful in either.

The older veteran F2F agents come from a generation of families where men worked hard outside of the home.

Many of us came from selling cars,siding,windows,pest control,burglar alarms F2F.

We love being out there in the action driving around,meeting people,stopping at our favorite restaurants,watering holes.

A large majority of today’s generation of millennials,gen zer’s come families where there was no dad in the house and mom worked hard outside the home.

Their children didn’t play outside in the mud,fish,hunt,build tree forts or get into fist fights. They grew up on video games,mom running their bath water at 10 years old. Many have social anxiety and would crumble in a F2F sales environment.

They do have excellent computer skills and are a good fit for telesales. Perfect for a stay at home dad of young mother side stepping a large day care cost.

Different strokes for different folks.

The older veteran F2F agents come from a generation of families where men worked hard outside of the home.

Many of us came from selling cars,siding,windows,pest control,burglar alarms F2F.

We love being out there in the action driving around,meeting people,stopping at our favorite restaurants,watering holes.

A large majority of today’s generation of millennials,gen zer’s come families where there was no dad in the house and mom worked hard outside the home.

Their children didn’t play outside in the mud,fish,hunt,build tree forts or get into fist fights. They grew up on video games,mom running their bath water at 10 years old. Many have social anxiety and would crumble in a F2F sales environment.

They do have excellent computer skills and are a good fit for telesales. Perfect for a stay at home dad of young mother side stepping a large day care cost.

Nailed it

@WinoBlues is a geezer last I checked?

Back