Door Knocking Today.

From personal experience, I know nothing about door-knocking as I've never done it. However, of course I've heard about it and know that people do it.

That said, in today's day and age, given the current environment we are in, different people feel, think, and are reacting very differently. This is an "unknown" time, one that no one could ever fathom, or plan for. Thus, everyone is operating and living in a "new" environment. It's a very difficult and enigmatic time and landscape. So, for me, even knowing nothing about it, I would suspend knocking on doors.

If you claim to know nothing because of "unknown times," than how you can ever decide to not door knock without testing the premise?

With that said, had a young agent in Indiana get threatened to be shot twice yesterday.

Random variables or a sign of the times?

If you claim to know nothing because of "unknown times," than how you can ever decide to not door knock without testing the premise?

With that said, had a young agent in Indiana get threatened to be shot twice yesterday.

Was he working inner city? Was he being threatened by people for leads he was calling on, or were those cold doors?

People in inner city Dallas seem to be a little more on edge about the virus than those in the suburbs or rural communities. Therefore, I’m not totally comfortable yet with cold knocks, even with my mask. As I mentioned, I’ve been staying pretty busy with my book, and haven’t needed to knock doors or buy leads.

But I did have a free afternoon a couple weeks back, so I grabbed a handful of lapsed orphans and cold knocked them, wearing a mask. Wrote $1,000 AP on one of those with the mask on the whole time.

From personal experience, I know nothing about door-knocking as I've never done it. However, of course I've heard about it and know that people do it.

That said, in today's day and age, given the current environment we are in, different people feel, think, and are reacting very differently. This is an "unknown" time, one that no one could ever fathom, or plan for. Thus, everyone is operating and living in a "new" environment. It's a very difficult and enigmatic time and landscape. So, for me, even knowing nothing about it, I would suspend knocking on doors.
Does this mean you do everything by phone?

First, what I said was "From personal experience, I know nothing about door-knocking as I've never done it." -- not unknown times, but door-knocking. Second, I was speaking to the current landscape of the world around us -- and I guess from your tone you feel, either, your opinion is more valid and important than mine, or you simply want to make someone else out to be wrong, or you are just being critical. So be it. I always felt like a forum such as this was to share insight, perspective, experience, and yes, opinion, and more. "Jumping" and criticizing someone else's opinion -- even if you disagree with it -- is not necessary, and can be done in a respectful, polite and classy way.

That being the case, there are numerous states where soliciting is now prohibited. In addition, some people are being responsible and prudent. Others are being irresponsible and outright foolish. The former are concerned about the impact the latter may have. The latter are critical and in opposition of the former. People are on edge. People are agitated. If you were serious about the young agent in Indiana -- thank you, you made my point. If you weren't serious, you made my point.

From what I've seen just here in the NJ and NY area, and from friends, family, and clients around the country -- I feel that with people being in a variety of mental places, frame of mind, and so on, knocking on a door is not a great idea given the current landscape.

Just my opinion. I am sure the appointed or self-appointed BB police will inform me when it's no longer appropriate to voice an opinion. All the best everyone.

Does this mean you do everything by phone?

All of my business meetings are being done via web meeting -- and allied professionals attend as well. Since late March I've placed business via electronic-placement/delivery, as well as a few cases emailing documentation/signature requirements (if the client can print documents). More often than emailing documentation, I place business via overnight delivery. I'll review policies/coverage via a web meeting, and then place the business.

I've attended two face-to-face meetings since April 1, and they were both to sign legal documents as that was required in NJ (until Gov. Murphy updated the law/requirements). Whatever legal documents could be signed via the web (with witnessing), or via overnight mail, that's been the first choice/recommendation. I've seen some strange document execution procedures and meetings, I'll tell you that! LOL.

Latest posts

Back