Door to Door Idea

I have access to SalesGenie that I use to gather a list of "confirmed" homeowners within the past three months. I then run that list against the clerk of the court in order to see if there is a spouse since SalesGenie will only give you one name on the home.

Also, by cross referencing with the clerk of the court I can pull the mortgage amount, years, and what length of loan it is, or whether there is a mortgage on the property at all.

While in the clerk of the courts site I also check filings for any other properties the party may own which could give me an idea if they are property investors, any divorce filings, marriage, judgements, etc...

Now, since I've checked the clerk of the court for the legal things on the property I then cross reference the local property appraiser that gives me a breakdown of the home. It gives SQ2 footage, type, land size, and neighborhood info.

To go one step further I then will cross reference the owner(s) of the home with LinkedIn to see if they have a profile and what there job description is.

Yes, it is a little bit of a pain in the butt, but I feel that when I door knock them I have about as much information on them that I can get to make it as warm knock as much as possible.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just a reference point. I went back to my office last night after dinner with my family to set up my door kncoking for today. I gathered a list of about 75 new homeowners within the past three months.

I did all of my research and narrowed my list to 49 doors to be knocked on later. The reason for the change in #'s is because some of the homes have no mortgage at all, they were paid cash for. Other homes have the owners marriage record on file and I feel they are out of my "target" audience in regards to age. I focus on 28-45 y/o.

I will be knocking on these doors today and I will report my findings later tonight. Hopefully with at least 5 solid prospects.

I use a mail merge with word. I pay someone $10 an hour to gather the data. I don't do $10 an hour work, would rather be on an appointment writing a policy. Invest in your business. Don't stop and pick up a dime on your way to pick up the dollar.

When i worked for combined i used to always cold call, i never bothered really working their "leads" that they gave me. I like you intro at the end if you feel like you have a shot at sitting down with them on the spot i would put my head down and wipe my feet and simply say may i step in.... beleive it or not i got in many houses doing this. I saw someone mention before dont go to the richy rich neighborhoods. You dont want to go to the poor neighborhoods either. Use a T system, once you find out one neighbors name, ask them about who their neighbors are, what they do for work when they are home. So the next day or a few days later you can stop by and ask for "steve the dentist" or whatever it may be, let him know you were talking to his neighbor and you have something he said steve would be intersted in as well. You will have a much warmer lead using this system as well.

You dont want to go to the poor neighborhoods either. quote]

I do want to add something to this. Sometimes you can sell more l&h in poor neighborhoods than you think. Poor people often understand the benefits of having life insurance and you'd be very surprised. I used to do well in poor neighborhoods actually.

A Salesman goes up to a house and knocks on the front door.

It is opened by a little ten year-old boy who has a lighted
cigar in one hand, a glass of whiskey in the other and a
Penthouse magazine tucked under his arm.

Salesman: "Hello son. Is your mom or dad home ?"

Little boy: "What the f*** do you think?"

Back