Experiences with Millennial Agents?

This is a very interesting, and cool thread. Congrats on your success CJ, I'll be out at the conference personally and look forward to meeting you and especially your Dad finally.

I see he gave you the green light to enter the "wolf den" here..lol

Doing 170 apps to date is entirely doable. But never without what I know Chris and I both agree is the #1 priority which is MARKETING. Chris obviously is fantastic at it. Is CJ? Probably not. Does he have to be? Nope. He's part of an agency that is, and it still takes knowledge and talent to be able to pump out those numbers. I know, my agents are doing near the same and I call them ALL superstars even though they had nothing to do with marketing.

KGMom had a fantastic point though regarding large portions of his success. While I look forward to the seminar, I'm guessing CJ is wise enough to know his strengths and what he put into that contributed to his success in his sales, as well as the amazing opportunity his Dad has created for him just as I have for my agents.

I set em' up, they knock em' down.

So in other words your real question is: what are you and your dad's secrets for leads?

LOL I'll leave that to him

He'll be going over that at the Medicare Conference in Kansas City when he gets back from the Rome trip!

As for the questions that you don't really care to hear the answer on:

I've sold over 170 policies this year so far personally, every single last one of them over the phone (otherwise you're purposely wasting time because you like driving).

I quit doing Final Expense F2F in August 2015, and spent the next month soaking in every video possible on medicareagenttraining.com, in every second of free time that I had.

I plugged into the proven system and became successful with the hard work I was willing to put in. I stopped making excuses for why I couldn't be as good as other agents, or even my own dad! I started pretty much right before AEP and began a nightmare of a cramming process over the first few weeks I was starting.

I had to change a lot of traits about myself to mirror the habits of top agents rather than bashing the top agents.

I think that's great advice regarding mirroring body language, one of the things I've learned selling over the phone is to mirror the speed, tone of voice, and volume the client is speaking on.

Kind of the same concept except I'm not spending 3 and a half hours of my day driving around, wasting time, listening to the new Kanye album.

Thats good stuff CJ!

But I have to ask, did you really buy the Kanye album? Lol

So in other words your real question is: what are you and your dad's secrets for leads?

LOL I'll leave that to him

He'll be going over that at the Medicare Conference in Kansas City when he gets back from the Rome trip!

As for the questions that you don't really care to hear the answer on:

I've sold over 170 policies this year so far personally, every single last one of them over the phone (otherwise you're purposely wasting time because you like driving).

I quit doing Final Expense F2F in August 2015, and spent the next month soaking in every video possible on medicareagenttraining.com, in every second of free time that I had.

I plugged into the proven system and became successful with the hard work I was willing to put in. I stopped making excuses for why I couldn't be as good as other agents, or even my own dad! I started pretty much right before AEP and began a nightmare of a cramming process over the first few weeks I was starting.

I had to change a lot of traits about myself to mirror the habits of top agents rather than bashing the top agents.

I think that's great advice regarding mirroring body language, one of the things I've learned selling over the phone is to mirror the speed, tone of voice, and volume the client is speaking on.

Kind of the same concept except I'm not spending 3 and a half hours of my day driving around, wasting time, listening to the new Kanye album.

Cj...congrats on putting up some "yoooge" numbers! Having sold 170 for a little over three months this year it would seem you are behind your 300 in four month pace which equates to 75 per month from when you first started. Why the drop off?

Would you say the majority of your agencies leads come from telemarketing or the Internet marketing leads?

You should feel VERY lucky to have a dad that could teach you something that actually can make you real money. Good on you for seizing the opportunity. Best of luck at your conference presentation.

Cj...congrats on putting up some "yoooge" numbers! Having sold 170 for a little over three months this year it would seem you are behind your 300 in four month pace which equates to 75 per month from when you first started. Why the drop off?

Would you say the majority of your agencies leads come from telemarketing or the Internet marketing leads?

You should feel VERY lucky to have a dad that could teach you something that actually can make you real money. Good on you for seizing the opportunity. Best of luck at your conference presentation.

Thanks so much!

And because my first few months in the business, was the AEP season and folks think for some reason that has something to do with Medicare Supplements so there was a lot more business being written I'm sure for everyone!

I am blessed to have the best dad out there, but what's so great about this is how duplicatable this business really is (is that a word?). So many of my family members see my dad doing well and think it's some easy business, and literally 9 of them have tried and quit. He talks about it in his last post on Medicareagenttraining.com. I think that speaks to the fact that just because you're related to Chris Westfall, doesn't mean you're going to kill it, because I learned from his videos just like the rest of you!

Thanks for the comment, hope to meet you at the conference!

:laugh::):)

----------

I'll be out at the conference personally and look forward to meeting you and especially your Dad finally.

I see he gave you the green light to enter the "wolf den" here..lol

Actually I was specifically instructed not to..:D

----------

Thats good stuff CJ!

But I have to ask, how awesome was that Kanye album? Lol

Pretty awesome man!:laugh:

Is there any of you who have had good (or bad) experiences with "millennial" agents on the Medicare side?

Any of you have successful agents in Medicare that are under 25 years old?

I'm going to be talking about this at the Medicare Conference in a couple weeks, and wanted to see if there is any other young guys that aren't stuck in the college mentality!

:biggrin:

CJ,

Fantastic work! Those numbers are outstanding.

I am an "old" millennial. Born in '84 - so some would call me a millennial. Not sure when it all officially starts and ends...

Anyway, I would add two things to the discussion.

#1 - The insurance market is, without a doubt, one of the best opportunities out there for Millennials.

In tension with that:

#2 - Convincing them of that is nearly impossible.

I don't think that all millennials are all lazy, etc. I think a lot of them have some hustle and are willing to work hard. But, the majority of them, are looking for the "dream" of a good paying (50k+) job with benefits.

Tell them to work a plan over several years to build some wealth - and their eyes gloss over. Not sure all the reasons behind this.

Even those who ARE willing to "think different" as Steve Jobs would say - haven't found the right path to run. I think some of them you talk to will say that they've "tried" the entrepreneurial route (MLM, etc.) and weren't successful. Maybe they tried sales - solar, home security, merchant processing, etc. and hit some bumps. In those industries, every day of "no sales" is purely a "waste" in most of their minds.

Others have friends who got into insurance - our industrry - but they did NOT get trained in the Medicare market as an indy agent. Their friends got recruited into Aflac, Bankers, NAA, Lincoln Heritage, etc.

That's another strike against the insurance industry in their minds. You and I can say - an indy Medicare agent is different than LH, NAA, etc., but they will equate the two and will be skeptical that this is truly a better opportunity. They think they'll work for hours and hours and hours for next to nothing - and won't take the time to really think through the long-term commission potential.

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I have some experience in other industries as I sell more than just insurance - and I've interviewed a lot of people who are "millennials." These seem to be some of the recurring themes that I run in to...

CJ,

Even those who ARE willing to "think different" as Steve Jobs would say - haven't found the right path to run. I think some of them you talk to will say that they've "tried" the entrepreneurial route (MLM, etc.) and weren't successful.

This is exactly what people my age think I'm doing, and why they think they can't be successful at what I'm doing. I guess it's showing them that we have found the right path to run. The right "vehicle" my dad used to say I needed to find growing up.

Interesting thread. Cj and Bevo. How are each of your systems similar or different?

Up front, the Only problem i have with MedSups is the comm. level.

Quite Frankly, i don't know HOW agents make it selling a plan that only pays them 17% with an avg. prem. of $100/mth. That won't even pay for gas.

What am i missing?

Back