Quality/Experiences of Wellcare PDPs

I feel terrible I have been having all my clients pay the deductible when they fill Eliquis or Xarelto on the Wellcare VS. Is it just a Georgia thing that they don’t have a deductible on Tiers 3-5? Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong telling my clients they have to pay a deductible on non generics. Medicare.gov even tells me they have to butI’m not the sharpest and have no idea what a deductible is. I thought it would be like when it hails and I have to pay the first 1000.00 before my insurance kicks in but must be totally different on drug plans? Help!!!

Part D Premiums, deductibles, tiers, copays and coinsurance are mostly irrelevant when you should be comparing TOTAL annual costs including premium and RX.

Especially since you are so focused on money

So deductibles don’t matter or don’t exist? So confusing for my simple brain. Is someone better off paying 0.00 premium for drug plan and having no deductible and paying 47.00 copay right away in January or paying a premium and then 545.00 deductible and then 25% of the cost? If you guys would truely look at total cost the MAPD drug plan wins 100 out of 100 times. Only way to keep the client from taking MAPD is to not tell them about it and hope to hell no one else does either.

Replaced a 2015 Plan F today. His pdp went up 60%. He makes $30k a yr and can no longer afford $273 a month for med sup and Pdp .

Part D Premiums, deductibles, tiers, copays and coinsurance are mostly irrelevant when you should be comparing TOTAL annual costs including premium and RX.

Especially since you are so focused on money

When you guys run someone’s prescriptions sometime on Medicare.gov there is a button in the upper right hand corner that says view Medicare Advantage Plans. You should just click on that sometime for the hell of it to compare them with the stand alone PDP’s. Mind would probably be blown.

When you guys run someone’s prescriptions sometime on Medicare.gov there is a button in the upper right hand corner that says view Medicare Advantage Plans. You should just click on that sometime for the hell of it to compare them with the stand alone PDP’s. Mind would probably be blown.

Why waste the time and come 1 click closer to arthritis? Once again, you love putting a price on who controls a person's health care.

Why waste the time and come 1 click closer to arthritis? Once again, you love putting a price on who controls a person's health care.

Such a weak scare tactic saying Drs should control everyone’s health care. Guess what a lot of Drs, believe it or not, will do what’s best for their pocket book, and that’s OM. If you don’t think some tests should be proven to be medically necessary then you are part of the problem. Funny we are OK with it for 64 years but by God when I turn 65 it should be a free for all for any test, procedure etc.without anyone so much as questioning it. Hence the poor Med Sups have to price themselves out of contention and hope someone else takes them. I wonder if Med Sup companies wish they could PA some of the shit they are stuck paying for since no one questioned it with OM. Betting they would like the opportunity.

Maybe try this and it will hit home for you. Tuesday night spend the first hour handing out candy to each kid and give them 1 or 2 pieces like we normally would for the first hour. Then the 2nd hour just set the candy bowl out on the front step with the light on and let them take what they want. The bowl of candy sitting on the front step signifies OM. Some kids (Drs.) will just take 1 or 2 pieces but then you will have the ones who see an opportunity and take 5 or 6 pieces (unnecessary tests and procedures) and some who will just take the whole damn bowl. Which one lasted longer, the one that had someone overlooking the bowl to make sure there weren’t greedy cheaters or the one that was a free for all. Let me know.

Maybe try this and it will hit home for you. Tuesday night spend the first hour handing out candy to each kid and give them 1 or 2 pieces like we normally would for the first hour. Then the 2nd hour just set the candy bowl out on the front step with the light on and let them take what they want. The bowl of candy sitting on the front step signifies OM. Some kids (Drs.) will just take 1 or 2 pieces but then you will have the ones who see an opportunity and take 5 or 6 pieces (unnecessary tests and procedures) and some who will just take the whole damn bowl. Which one lasted longer, the one that had someone overlooking the bowl to make sure there weren’t greedy cheaters or the one that was a free for all. Let me know.

Dude, glad you are in good health. You've obviously never experienced the harm of managed care personally, or to your parent or child. Hope you never get that 2am client call. Nightmares are covered under mental health BTW.

Back