Quality/Experiences of Wellcare PDPs

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
What have been some of the experiences that you’ve noticed with these products? How difficult is it for Prior Auth, Formulary Exception, Billing, customer service line?
Their 50 cent plan is an attractive offering, but I already encountered some who have told me that they don’t want the “cheapest” plan in case they need to have an expensive Tier 3-5 drug covered. How reliable of a plan is Wellcare PDP overall?

They’re no worse than any other horrible stand alone part d drug plan.
I have tons of clients say, well, I wouldn’t mind paying more for no deductible. Ok, that will cost you $79 a month. No matter what, they will get their money.
All of the plans are bad ma’am and they’re only gettin worse.

WellCare customer service and agent support the absolute worst on the planet . I refuse to write period . Agent people are the least knowledgeable on the planet . Customer service on hold forever and all who speak terrible issue . Humana is the best in the industry bar none . Nobody approves mapd apps as fast as United . Most of the time 1-2 days

The .50 Wellcare plan is priced at exactly what it’s worth. 25% Tier 3 and 50% copay on Eliquis after you pay a lovely 545.00 deductible. I’ve found BCBS’s plan to be one of the best in my area.

The .50 Wellcare plan is priced at exactly what it’s worth. 25% Tier 3 and 50% copay on Eliquis after you pay a lovely 545.00 deductible. I’ve found BCBS’s plan to be one of the best in my area.

I wish we had a good BCBS option here in FL. They start at $76 with a $545 DED.

Disaster in progress. There is no way they will be to handle the massive volume they about to experience. Watch how bad.......gets worse

I hope agents are informing them about the Tier 3 drugs. Generics aren’t the problem, Good RX about as good as whatever PDP they take out for generics. Gotta worry about taking Eliquis or something starting in January or February on some of these plans that have went to a %. I do very few individual PDP’s but having a 42.00 Tier 3 on BCBS 21.00 plan is worth the extra premium I would think.

Yep. I agree. In Tex, it is moderately priced and still offers a T3 for a flat copay instead of a %age. It is the one that my mb had the very positive experience with too. I have some who are very concerned about taking a T4-5 Rx which will take them into Gap very quickly. In those cases, a lower premium is better. I just want to be confident that the Part D plan won’t give them a hard time.

PDP deductibles are different from OM deductibles, or deductibles for Obamacare, auto insurance, etc.

I expect consumers to misunderstand Part D deductibles but agents should know better and be able to explain the difference to potential clients.

PDP deductibles are different from OM deductibles, or deductibles for Obamacare, auto insurance, etc.

I expect consumers to misunderstand Part D deductibles but agents should know better and be able to explain the difference to potential clients.

You keep saying this, enlighten all of us idiots. Am I wrong if someone takes Eliquis they pay the first 545.00?

Back