Experiences with Millennial Agents?

Is there any of you who have had good (or bad) experiences with "millennial" agents on the Medicare side?

Any of you have successful agents in Medicare that are under 25 years old?

I'm going to be talking about this at the Medicare Conference in a couple weeks, and wanted to see if there is any other young guys that aren't stuck in the college mentality!

:biggrin:

I'm a millennial. 29 y/o, started selling medicare when I was 25. I sell F2F, and still do

That's pretty awesome (love your avi by the way excited to see how her interview goes with the FBI). Did you have any initial struggles when selling f2f when you started that you can remember?

I'm a baby faced 21 year old and found incredibly better results selling over the phone than in person.

That's pretty awesome (love your avi by the way excited to see how her interview goes with the FBI). Did you have any initial struggles when selling f2f when you started that you can remember?

I'm a baby faced 21 year old and found incredibly better results selling over the phone than in person.

Never had any struggles due to my age. In fact, I found in many cases it actually helped. Many clients have told me I remind them of their son. If you know your stuff, age don't make a difference to the customer.

The only reason I ever had troubles in the beginning was because I wasn't confident in what I was doing, I didn't know how to sell (sales cycle), and I was a bit rough around the edges (I came into this industry after doing paint and body work for 7 years).

I'm 30. Started selling MA when I was 23, I did it for a few months and failed. I got out of the business for a bit then back in when I was 24. I worked for a captive agency until about 18 months ago. I remember thinking that people didn't trust me bc they thought I was like a grandson, but In reality maybe it was just a confidence issue, like axeman was saying.

I have always done face to face sales, but want to learn more about phone sales methods. When I was with the captive agency I focused more on selling FE, and put little attention on Medsupps. Now I am doing the opposite.

I know a couple agents who are younger than me, but it seems like a lot of agents are 40+. I think young agents are rare, especially guys coming out of college because of the entitlement mentality. Often college grads want salary and benefits, and set work schedule. Shortly ager I graduated from OSU, I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad and it sort of changed my outlook on things.

I look forward to meeting you and your dad at the conference in a couple weeks.

Last edited:
Is there any of you who have had good (or bad) experiences with "millennial" agents on the Medicare side? Any of you have successful agents in Medicare that are under 25 years old? I'm going to be talking about this at the Medicare Conference in a couple weeks, and wanted to see if there is any other young guys that aren't stuck in the college mentality! :biggrin:

I'm 25 been selling Fe, Indy , for 4 months now - it's going well. Was working as a captive agent for AIL prior for 6 months . I don't have trouble because of my age.

Back