Facebook v DM......

Only profitable if you know how to do one, the other or both.

Varies.

Unless you are going to pay your bills with money generated by another agent, how much other folks write is a moot point.
These are both correct answers, but a little dismissive of what he’s getting at. So let me ask in a slightly different way: What can an average hard working F2F agent expect to earn running 20 DM leads per week vs an average hard working telesales agent running 75-100 internet leads per week?

These are both correct answers, but a little dismissive of what he’s getting at. So let me ask in a slightly different way: What can an average hard working F2F agent expect to earn running 20 DM leads per week vs an average hard working telesales agent running 75-100 internet leads per week?
You go by per 100 for telesales, you'll close anywhere from 4-7%. F2F 20 leads a week you'll close anywhere from 10-20%. F2F is gonna win in the short run, Once you start to generate your own leads and up the amount you'll work your in a different league than the f2f kid.

You go by per 100 for telesales, you'll close anywhere from 4-7%. F2F 20 leads a week you'll close anywhere from 10-20%. F2F is gonna win in the short run, Once you start to generate your own leads and up the amount you'll work your in a different league than the f2f kid.
Running the math using your percentages, the telesales model seems to win the short run, too, depending on where you’re getting leads Based on $50/mo average premium, $30 per lead DM, $11 per internet lead, and subtracting gas & other expenses for F2F, I’m coming up with a net of $1700-2200/week for F2F, and $2900-3500 for telesales.

But if you throw in the variables in agent sales ability, demeanor, social skills, etc., to which @somarco alluded, you can’t really tell much from sheer general data. For example, I do telesales on out of area company referred leads (generally orphan policyholders or lapsed cases from inactive agents). I do ok with them, probably achieving close to the percentages you posted. I usually devote an afternoon a week for those. But I find I don’t have the stamina for it. My voice actually starts giving out after 2-3 hours. My stamina in the field is MUCH higher. I’ll go 8-10 hours 3-4 days a week without a break. I also find people are much more receptive to me at the door vs on the phone. So I sell a lot more F2F than I would by trying to devote full time to telesales. Another agent might be exactly the opposite of me.

From what everyone is saying it seems FB leads are akin to the old health insurance leads back in the mid 2000's.......you better get on them as soon as they come in. I remember Netquote days :(

Are FB leads more inclined to want to do everything over the phone than a physical appointment?

I've found batches of leads usually have at least a couple people who either call you first or they answer their phone (since they are expecting your call) and are ready to set the appt. They know the drill and want to buy life insurance. Then there's a good chunk of "not gonna happen" for various reasons. Even just taking the low hanging fruit and moving on is profitable though.

You know many FE phone producers doing over 400K?

Who lol?

400k for face to face is stellar let alone by phone. And you're saying you know many. Who the hell are these guys?

I just don't get how people sell FE via phone. Seems like the most impossible thing ever.

I've set appts with people on the phone where I could only take their tone of grunt as an agreement that I'm allowed to come over. Yet when I show up, they're a real person with a lot to say. I can't even imagine trying to crack that nut over the phone.

I've set appts with people on the phone where I could only take their tone of grunt as an agreement that I'm allowed to come over. Yet when I show up, they're a real person with a lot to say. I can't even imagine trying to crack that nut over the phone.

Offer a tease, then switch to the take away.

The beauty of being an Independent Agent is that you can always find a way to save people money by doing what it right for the Client.

"If YOU think YOU can qualify, WE might have a way to save YOU a lot of money"

Source - a long time Agent from North Georgia (Somarco)

61884742_317273832524505_2414468642004533248_n.png

Back