FE without SSN

I was considering SL several years ago. Greg was offering 115% / 9% renewal at the time (95% and 0% renewal w/o VAP)

The problem was in the contract details, There were many ways that an agent would lose his/her commissions. 100% charge back on the policy that lapsed for any reason prior to paying 7th monthly premium. No renewals in any month that persistency dropped below 72.5% There were many more but these are the only two I remember.

Rouse the bold above is absolutely false and you know it. Or should know it.

If Greg offered you 115%, tikibarrister's info is incorrect. He couldn't have offered 115, if his is only 115. According to linkedIn, he markets himself as a Partner. If that's true, his commission is more like 130-140%.

For once you are correct.

You also don't know what you don't know. Before the 90% minimum commission schedule came out I'd offer agents up to 125%...depending what they brought to the table.
No kidding? I'm sure you did. I'm also pretty sure you handed out some so low that you earned more off their override, than they made off their contract.

You guys always want to attack me. Do I detect a little bit of jealousy? Are you just trying to be a tough guy keyboard warrior? Or just trying to show your lack of class? Doesn' matter a whole lot to me.

You guys keep slinging mud. Successful agents don't do that. But unhappy losers or jealous agents do. Looks like this is an excellent illustration of me living rent free in your head...lol.

Last edited:
You guys always want to attack me. Do I detect a little bit of jealousy? Are you just trying to be a tough guy keyboard warrior? Or just trying to show your lack of class? Doesn' matter a whole lot to me.

You guys keep slinging mud. Successful agents don't do that. But unhappy losers or jealous agents do.
I don't believe I was attacking you, as much as I was analyzing the situation. There is a difference.

No kidding? I'm sure you did. I'm also pretty sure you handed out some so low that you earned more off their override, than they made off their contract.

You're still showing you just don't know what you don't know. When I recruit agents I'm doing what I can (commission %, training, encouragement, lead financing, etc) to keep them on my team long term being successful and happy.

There's enough turn over in this industry, why would I shoot myself in the foot by offering commission %'s so low that mathematically they wouldn't be able to last? That's just plain ignorance.

SL has been pretty good to me. We recently bought an ocean front condo at Myrtle Beach as an investment rental property. You've been in the industry longer than me, can you come even close to this type of investment? Hell no.
What brought this on? I have been defending you . How would you even know what I can afford? My home is paid for, my vehicles and I have no debt. Have a little money squirreled back. A condo in Myrtle Beach is the last thing I would want to put money in.

BTW, I have been contracted longer than you but I don't know that I actually worked at it longer than you. As I have said many times, I put insurance on part time (at best) for over 20 years and dealt in the antiques and collectibles business. As far income goes, it was a mistake but I really enjoyed what I was doing. Following that, I spent 15 years in the ministry. Learned long ago, there are lots of ways to measure success other than money and possessions.

Last edited:
And you don't know what you don't know. It's actually $425/1000, not $450/1000. Even if it was $450/1000 that's still quite a bit cheaper than lead concepts, need-a-lead, mainstreet, etc. Right? You just want to argue...lol.

No slinging mud Greg . I actually like you . Sl’s been good to you and you feel allegiance. Nothing wrong with that . I just believe the avg agent has a much better chance of success being independent. Its like if I could only sell Humana mapd I’d be screwed . No I’m asking why did the per 1000 Jump from $350 to $425 . I have an independent telesales friend who just took a contract 6 months ago with senior life for the tv leads . He said the leads are very good but about 40% of what he’s writing gets issued GI . So it’s not . really super usable for him . Just reporting what he said

Latest posts

Back