FE without SSN

There’s no doubt probably 10-15 sl guys make big big money . But it’s no different than al Williams or Lh . They give false hope that most people have a shot to do that knowing few few few ever will . But by giving hope they bring 1000’s in that make the top 10-15 wealthy . At least an independent fe guy will make at least 120% and has a shot at a decent career . Nasb is another Koolaide drinking outfit . Tons of guys making 90% are recruiting guys at 60-70% .

There’s no doubt probably 10-15 sl guys make big big money . But it’s no different than al Williams or Lh . They give false hope that most people have a shot to do that knowing few few few ever will . But by giving hope they bring 1000’s in that make the top 10-15 wealthy . At least an independent fe guy will make at least 120% and has a shot at a decent career . Nasb is another Koolaide drinking outfit . Tons of guys making 90% are recruiting guys at 60-70% .

Why do those that do not make it fail to do so? Is the opportunity not there for them?

Last edited:
Just to illustrate how sad the life of a Senior Life insurance agent like @theinsuranceman is, consider this.

Greg's been here for 14 years.

During that time, he's been recruiting 24/7 to build his downline.

After 14 years...he's only at 115%.

He slowly clawed his way up to that level over 14 years of grooming new recruiting, having people drop out, begging people to stay, watching them fail or move to other agencies, etc. And all of that is recruiting he does for free on SL's behalf on top of trying to sell some policies himself to make a living.

If someone is pounding the pavement and flogging the "opportunity" for 14 years and has only moved a few inches up the ladder, how well do you think you'll do?

If I told you that you could have a primary job and a side job and after 14 years of working both you'd only beginning to scratch at what non-SL agents make day one, would you be interested?

Once again you don't know what you don't know. I'm way above 115%.

I was considering SL several years ago. Greg was offering 115% / 9% renewal at the time (95% and 0% renewal w/o VAP)

The problem was in the contract details, There were many ways that an agent would lose his/her commissions. 100% charge back on the policy that lapsed for any reason prior to paying 7th monthly premium. No renewals in any month that persistency dropped below 72.5% There were many more but these are the only two I remember.

Sign me up.......NOT. Watching that video would make me not go with SL. He sounds shady.

I don't know how many agents he has, but if he's at 115%, his agency has submitted $100,000 in business at least one time over the course of one month, according to the Commission Schedule. Keep in mind, SL commission schedule is less than 3-4 years in the making. Prior to this, Greg was given control and allowed to bring agents in well below the 90% level required today. Since the new Commission Schedule took effect, the lowest contract any agent could have is 90%. That's an average override of 25% on production, given his 115% contract. This goes to show how much they were taking advantage of agents when they were giving them contracts as low as 75%.
If his downline only produces half the amount ($50,000 per month) that was required for him to get 115%, I would guess he probably doesn't care. He constantly recruits in order to continue getting paid from that override spread.

You also don't know what you don't know. Before the 90% minimum commission schedule came out I'd offer agents up to 125%...depending what they brought to the table.

Lol . $250 k a month to get 130% . I do 1 app a yr on a few carriers and I get 130% . That’s really laughable . The contact at 145% for $8 mil is near what other agencys get . Most are at 150% . We’re the total screw job is . 100-135% levels is just laughable . And senior life knows 95% of their agents and agencys will be stuck between 90-120% forever . They company makes the vast majority of their money on those agents . $450/ 1000 for mailers ? Last yr those were $350 . Postage hasn’t risen 30% in a yr . Why the huge jump ?

And you don't know what you don't know. It's actually $425/1000, not $450/1000. Even if it was $450/1000 that's still quite a bit cheaper than lead concepts, need-a-lead, mainstreet, etc. Right? You just want to argue...lol.

I believe Greg said a while back he had been with SL for 19 years. You left out one of the big advantages.. He gets pats on the back and "attaboys" from the Powell's. :twitchy:

Seriously, there are reasons that someone else may see for staying that we don't see. The same with LH. Sometimes it may be just old fashioned loyalty.

SL has been pretty good to me. We recently bought an ocean front condo at Myrtle Beach as an investment rental property. You've been in the industry longer than me, can you come even close to this type of investment? Hell no.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back