Final Expense Telesales

Tony, Im also in Northern NJ, Morris County, where you at?

If you're in my area "KEEP OUT" ha ha....

I just started, sent out 1k mailers received 31 back, sold 3 so far.
Still have yet to contact about 11 of them, and I follow up religiously, and I am not too religious.
People dont pick up the phone.
I knocked on doors, and lets say the folks werent too pleased.
SO I call, if I dont get a hold of them, after a while, then I door knock.
But I door knock as last resort.

Tony, Im also in Northern NJ, Morris County, where you at?

If you're in my area "KEEP OUT" ha ha....

I just started, sent out 1k mailers received 31 back, sold 3 so far.
Still have yet to contact about 11 of them, and I follow up religiously, and I am not too religious.
People dont pick up the phone.
I knocked on doors, and lets say the folks werent too pleased.
SO I call, if I dont get a hold of them, after a while, then I door knock.
But I door knock as last resort.
That return rate is great - about double what I've been told is normal. Who are you using for your mail vendor? Which mailer?

Tom, I use the typical generic 255 social security mailer. I was told 20 is usually the norm.

NJ is the most populated state per sq mile, and we have the highest property taxes, thats why we get more leads per thousand.

I send the check to my GA, and he takes care of it.
If I tell you, I will have to kill ya. ha ha

It dont matter who mails it, it matters who mails it back.
I will tell you how round 2 goes in a few weeks.

To tell you the truth, I am going to develop my own post card, as soon as I get around to it, hopefully by summer.
I believe it will get a better return.

This could go on forever, anyway you slice it on the phone or face to face a new agent needs 30 fresh leads every week.

Anyway you slice it, this isn't an argument over the difference between f2f and telesales, it's an argument to get new recruits and nothing else.

Tom, I use the typical generic 255 social security mailer. I was told 20 is usually the norm.

NJ is the most populated state per sq mile, and we have the highest property taxes, thats why we get more leads per thousand.

I send the check to my GA, and he takes care of it.
If I tell you, I will have to kill ya. ha ha

It dont matter who mails it, it matters who mails it back.
I will tell you how round 2 goes in a few weeks.

To tell you the truth, I am going to develop my own post card, as soon as I get around to it, hopefully by summer.
I believe it will get a better return.
You mean using Dwayne's method from here?
An Idea That May Help New Agents

I just now posted my question, but I still believe that the cost per mailout would be a good bit higher. I think it's a good idea, but maybe not so cost effective.

But, like I said, I may be just overlooking the obvious.

Either way, you're doing great! Keep it up! :)

Tom, you know, the forum has tons of info...
Go to "prospects should call you" thread..
Good Post card idea....Have the people call you instead.
I figure, send out 1K postcards with specific wording, instead of getting back 15-20 mailers, you have 8-10 people inquiring about getting insurance. Probably sell the same amount of policies, (5), but will require less effort.

Also Dwayne has some good ideas on sending postcards. So you use everyones ideas, and adjust them to fit how you sell.

The question is, make and send your own postcards or send them to an outside source to produce & mail.

To all of you guys that sell FE f2f, have you ever thought about or tried telemarketing to set appointments for yourself? Seems like it would be a lot more inexpensive than direct mail. If anyone out here has tried this I would like to hear of your results. Good, bad or indifferent.

Hey Jerry...I'm close to Newark...Never thought much about the final expense mailers in NJ...Seems like the prospects in the suburban areas would be a bit too affluent and most of the folks in "the Hood" won't have checking accounts...I read about the agents doing very well and it seems the majority are located in more rural areas...Any seasoned FE agents have input on this...Thanks...Tony

Tony a lot of people have multiple insurance policies in the urban areas. They usually buy a small one, and when the funds permit, they buy another small one. It is not unsual for someone to have 3 or 4 policies.

You have to pick the demographics....age 50 to 80 or up to age 85. Income over 15K, preferably 20k.....mail out 1000, get back 15-20 on average. sometimes more

Does your GA use a mailing house, if not I can reccomend the one my GA uses..

Back