Google Adwords

Experienced Agent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
As anyone tried using google Adwords or Yahoo/Bing to generate health insurance leads? It seems intelligent to at least explore this option, instead of buying the end product from a ripoff lead vendor, perhaps we can create the lead.

You will find very few people who have tried it on here, if they have, they couldn't quite figure it out so they gave up and will most likely have negative things to say about it. I have used all of the above for my agency for over 6 years, non of my agents sell face to face anymore, ever. It takes times to learn and understand it, but it has changed my life forever, their is no other marketing platform on the planet that performs better. I would encourage anyone who wants to try pay per click marketing with google to pick up the google adwords book, very helpful for newbies and can be found almost anywhere that sells books. 100% of our marketing is done online, zero marketing with any old school methods..

You will find very few people who have tried it on here, if they have, they couldn't quite figure it out so they gave up and will most likely have negative things to say about it. I have used all of the above for my agency for over 6 years, non of my agents sell face to face anymore, ever. It takes times to learn and understand it, but it has changed my life forever, their is no other marketing platform on the planet that performs better. I would encourage anyone who wants to try pay per click marketing with google to pick up the google adwords book, very helpful for newbies and can be found almost anywhere that sells books. 100% of our marketing is done online, zero marketing with any old school methods..

Can I pay you to set up my initial keywords and bids :). I can't seem to do better than $40.00 a conversion, but I have no clue how to do it. Help please.

Since original post, I have done some investigating and found that insurance and related searches are the number one searched item on the internet. Thus the cost per click is the highest. I suppose you have to be very good at this to make it cost effective.

Since original post, I have done some investigating and found that insurance and related searches are the number one searched item on the internet. Thus the cost per click is the highest. I suppose you have to be very good at this to make it cost effective.

all depends on your keywords and quality score

It's the absolute best product for any and all insurance products, the majority of my lead generation is done there. Competition is through the roof and the majority of people doing it are mediocre at best. The leads can't be beat when the consumer is coming to you and all of the insurance companies know it.

I've done the same research, and you're right, the CPC for "insurance" is ridiculous. After all, you're competing with the Allstates and Geicos of the world, and unless you're doing something really astonishing, you can't possibly have an advertising budget to match theirs.

So that said, have you thought about using long tail keywords? There's much less competition for them, and some people think they have higher conversion rates than fathead keywords because you're meeting a more specific need. (In case you're unfamiliar with the concept, a fathead keyword is broad and consists of one or two words, like "insurance," and a long tail keyword is something like "property & casualty insurance for restaurants".)

I bought the google adwords book a few years ago & then did PPC. I never really did feel like I figured out a winning formula.

What do you find your average CPL to be & cost per deal? I would like to hear more about what has worked for you. Thanks.

I'm new to the forum but not new to PPC. Insurance is very difficult to get leads using PPC because of the competition. You definitely need to use long tail keywords like someone else mentioned.

As anyone tried using google Adwords or Yahoo/Bing to generate health insurance leads? It seems intelligent to at least explore this option, instead of buying the end product from a ripoff lead vendor, perhaps we can create the lead.

AdWords is definitely worth a shot. It is very flexible, with lots of cost controls you can put in place. A lead is not guaranteed of course, and you could spend hundreds of dollars without any ROI!

You can bid on the same health insurance related keywords that everyone else is bidding on, but you don't have to spend anymore money per click than you are comfortable. You can set a maximum cost per click to whatever you are comfortable with. If it is too low, your ad may never be shown. Too high, and you may end up spending too much. Keep in mind there is a daily cost you can cap your ad spend on as well.

Another cost control is quality. The higher quality the keyword/ad/landing page is, the less you spend per click for the same keyword if quality was not controlled. Google factors in a Quality Score that works to give higher quality ads a bonus. This means you can potentially get your ad to the #1 position, while spending less per click than the #2 position. Very interesting stuff, and should not be over looked. In short, the keyword/ad/landing page combination should all be relevant and well written to help improve the quality score.

There are many ways to keep costs down. I only touched on a few.

Enjoy!

Back