Icep sep changes in 2025

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
I know every agent has run into this a ton over the yrs . You get a call from a referral who just retired and got his part B . It’s July 5th and his part B became effective 7-1 or even 6-1(ss backdated). You can’t write him using icep . Yes you can use retro sep but it’s pia . Starting in 2025 this example has under 9-1 to sign up . They now give 2 addition months after the effective date .

I know every agent has run into this a ton over the yrs . You get a call from a referral who just retired and got his part B . It’s July 5th and his part B became effective 7-1 or even 6-1(ss backdated). You can’t write him using icep . Yes you can use retro sep but it’s pia . Starting in 2025 this example has under 9-1 to sign up . They now give 2 addition months after the effective date .
Actually, they should have until 9/30 to use the ICEP in 2025.

I have this situation coming up Tuesday but he still has group insurance because of wife delay on Medicare. So his PT B is 6/1 and we will do MS for 8/1. We will use the SEP due to loss of insurance but MO residents so few MS carriers that will pay much commission in this circumstance.

For some reason I thought the MS would be lower commission under this circumstance. Only 2nd time I’ve had it in my years of being in business. Thanks for confirmation

Back