Introducing myself

Travis jenkins

Hi everyone my name is Travis and I am currently in p and c. I'm new to insurance but have 12 years experience in durable medical sales. So I'm pretty fluent with Medicare replacement plans and which ones seem good in my area. I take my life and health in a few weeks and really think I can do well in health insurance. I have a few questions.
1. How is the money in advantage plans?
2. How hard is it to become a provider?
Any other articles or threads to help get me started would be awesome. Thanks again

The money can be great Travis but you have to have a plan to get in front of people and more importantly you have to be aware that it's a slow build, long term income. Please tell us what you mean by "becoming a provider".

What would some of your ideas to get in front of Med Supp customers? I know MA can be obtained by mail order FE leads but I really enjoy the Med Supp business and cross selling Fe/life.

In do have some $$$ to spend monthly and would like to see 20-30 people per week. I do face to face. Telemarketing, direct mail or a combination of each my best bet. I know its a numbers game, I just want to get in front of a lot of people that have Med Supps every week.

What would some of your ideas to get in front of Med Supp customers? I know MA can be obtained by mail order FE leads but I really enjoy the Med Supp business and cross selling Fe/life.

In do have some $$$ to spend monthly and would like to see 20-30 people per week. I do face to face. Telemarketing, direct mail or a combination of each my best bet. I know its a numbers game, I just want to get in front of a lot of people that have Med Supps every week.

There are many lead houses that can drop mail by the thousand for you. The main difference between Med Supp and MA would be the income and age factor. Try Lead Connections for a good starting point, Chris will give youa good idea of what returns you can expect in your area.

I have used him. Got over 5% return but many had group benefits or were MA. Many thought card was actually from Medicare. Perhaps I should drop a hell of a lot of mail then just door knock them all....

My God man, 5 percent??? Door knocking is a great plan if you're not selling MA. I personally don't see why you wouldn't learn both and learn how to compliantly add on FE as well as Hospital Indemnity, Cancer, Dental etc etc....

It was between 4% and 5% but I would say most didnt have a med supp. Some were gm retirees, some MA, some medicaid ect. Even at 4% thats 40 people a week to call on.

It was between 4% and 5% but I would say most didnt have a med supp. Some were gm retirees, some MA, some medicaid ect. Even at 4% thats 40 people a week to call on.

There is a fortune to be made right there mate. You may want to consider broadening your portfolio and product knowledge. If you can close 10 percent you'll make a killing.

Sorry yes I meant producer. See still used to looking at it from the billing side and having to be a provider. So is there $ in selling the advantage plan or do you make the $ upselling FE hospital ideminty etc?

Back