Introducing myself

The answer is both. Get 100 clients on the books and you're making a couple grand a month for years to come. Add a few complimentary products and make even more. Either way you need to have a plan in place to get in front of people that are eligible for your product.

Springbok I believe I have enough contacts from working with drs, assisted living, home health etc for so long that I would hopefully have a built in referral base.

Travis, that's a great way to start mate. There are very few people who can start with a "built-in" network like that.

All you need now is a good selection of carriers for the area you'll be working. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on those. I would also start with a good Hospital Indemnity plan which includes a Cancer option as well as a dental plan. Where are you doing most of your business?

Where in GA, Atlanta? It's a tough FE market but I have a handful of agents doing very well with the Medicare products. There are many carriers beside Aetna and Cigna to consider.

I'll actually be in Atlanta in July for Aetna's 2019 product rolling as well as to do some hands on agent training. Let me know if you'd like to grab coffee and chat.

Absolutely. I'm in athens. Top 3 joint replacement city in the state I believe. Im sure there are more those are just the two that I see on a daily basis with my patients. A lot of people are not taking health springs anymore though. How is the residual commission wise?

Residuals are where it’s at in Medicare. Even commissions for life with MA and for 6 years with Med Supps. HIP plans around 50% with around 10% renewals for the next 9 years followed by 5% thereafter. Again these can all vary depending on product and area.

Interesting. I just know that like 60% of patients I see are advantage plans now. A lot of it is United health which is what retired UGA beneficiaries have. But the rest are humana and Cigna. And when Cigna first came to ga the rep had no idea what she was selling (she told me personally). Cigna came here with basically no network!

In Athens you have 3 HMO plans, the largest of which is Humana by far. Aetna has a killer zero premium PPO and you also have a good selection of SNP plans for dual eligibles.

Don’t get sales tips from reps if they are only representing one company.

Back