Iphone Utilization....

donacurlin

I have an Iphone but have never really used it for anything but calling/answering calls and minimal texting. Does it really pay off to learn how to utilize all of the other features that the phone offers? It's just so small ..... is it REALLY that powerful?:err:

I only have 4 business uses for my Iphone: call forwarding, email alerts, quote request alerts, and there is a cool zip code app for when people screw up entering their address. But really, any newer phone can easily do all of those things.

I have, however discovered some other good uses:
  • When someone talks too much and you can't get rid of them, adjust the volume on your ringer, and pretend you have an incoming call. (now that I think of it, maybe I should apply this to business use also.)
  • save money not having to buy newpapers/magazines for bathroom reading material.
  • makes great indoor flashlight.
  • if you're into astronomy, pocket universe app is fun to wave at the night sky.
All kidding aside, my major beef with the Iphone (and the Ipad for that matter) is that several of my carriers force me to use internet explorer. Their systems do not support safari.

I only have 4 business uses for my Iphone: call forwarding, email alerts, quote request alerts, and there is a cool zip code app for when people screw up entering their address. But really, any newer phone can easily do all of those things.

I have, however discovered some other good uses:

[*]When someone talks too much and you can't get rid of them, adjust the volume on your ringer, and pretend you have an incoming call. (now that I think of it, maybe I should apply this to business use also.)
[*]save money not having to buy newpapers/magazines for bathroom reading material.
[*]makes great indoor flashlight.
[*]if you're into astronomy, pocket universe app is fun to wave at the night sky. All kidding aside, my major beef with the Iphone (and the Ipad for that matter) is that several of my carriers force me to use internet explorer. Their systems do not support safari.

What about google chrome? I use that app instead of safari

Wow are you guys missing out. Ill list just a few apps/uses for business:

Dropbox- for sharing files and accessing files from anywhere.
Sugarsync- same as above and for being able to access files that are in my docs on home computer.
Docstogo- for opening, editing and saving office files and then syncing them between my laptop, ipad and iPhone.
Adobe reader- opening/reading agent guides etc in an easily readable format.
Ins forum app
Obviously email, texting and whatnot
Bank app
Joinme app- IMOs use this for conference calls/screen sharing. I can just sit on my lazyboy with no computer/phone needed.
Sign now app- I used this app to fill out and sign (with my finger) all my ins appointment applications. Then I was able to save and email them back without having to print 10,000 pages.
Fasterscan HD app- you can take a pic, edit the borders and save as a PDF, jpeg etc. Use it like a mobile scanner. I can also use this and all my document apps and upload them to my efax.
Micromedex drug app- you wanna know what an Rx drug is used for what health condition, this is the app for that.
Wordpress app- for editing your Wordpress site/blog.
iZip app- for opening zip files.
Google Chrome app- for browsing sites that don't like safari. I really wish they would either make an IE app (doubtful lol) or all the Ins co websites would support safari, chrome or Firefox like the rest of the world.
There are a number of free CRMs. I still haven't decided on one yet.
Calendar app for reminders.
Map app for finding places.
Google Play, Kindle, iBooks app for reading books on sales techniques etc.
Fexquotes and many FE companies have apps or at least web pages that can be saved as an app on your dashboard for running quotes. (Click the little box with an arrow coming out and choose 'add to homescreen' option).

Just a few I use.;)

Wow are you guys missing out. Ill list just a few apps/uses for business:

Dropbox- for sharing files and accessing files from anywhere.
Sugarsync- same as above and for being able to access files that are in my docs on home computer.
Docstogo- for opening, editing and saving office files and then syncing them between my laptop, ipad and iPhone.
Adobe reader- opening/reading agent guides etc in an easily readable format.
Ins forum app
Obviously email, texting and whatnot
Bank app
Joinme app- IMOs use this for conference calls/screen sharing. I can just sit on my lazyboy with no computer/phone needed.
Sign now app- I used this app to fill out and sign (with my finger) all my ins appointment applications. Then I was able to save and email them back without having to print 10,000 pages.
Fasterscan HD app- you can take a pic, edit the borders and save as a PDF, jpeg etc. Use it like a mobile scanner. I can also use this and all my document apps and upload them to my efax.
Micromedex drug app- you wanna know what an Rx drug is used for what health condition, this is the app for that.
Wordpress app- for editing your Wordpress site/blog.
iZip app- for opening zip files.
Google Chrome app- for browsing sites that don't like safari. I really wish they would either make an IE app (doubtful lol) or all the Ins co websites would support safari, chrome or Firefox like the rest of the world.
There are a number of free CRMs. I still haven't decided on one yet.
Calendar app for reminders.
Map app for finding places.
Google Play, Kindle, iBooks app for reading books on sales techniques etc.
Fexquotes and many FE companies have apps or at least web pages that can be saved as an app on your dashboard for running quotes. (Click the little box with an arrow coming out and choose 'add to homescreen' option).

Just a few I use.;)

That's b/c they're IPHONE USERS...you're ready for Android.:1biggrin:

Back