Iphone Utilization....

The law addresses buying a phone with a discounted price because you signed an agreement with a carrier, then jailbreaking it to go with another carrier. How this is now a criminal act is beyond my comprehension.

Crabcake Johnny said:
The law addresses buying a phone with a discounted price because you signed an agreement with a carrier, then jailbreaking it to go with another carrier. How this is now a criminal act is beyond my comprehension.

That because you are not a telcom with a high priced lobbyist. I agree with you though wouldn't the carrier be covered with a civil action against you for violating the contract and not some trumped up criminal charge?

The real test would be what laws are enforced I would give examples but this isn't the religion and politics forum...or at least I don't think it is.

I can't give any credit to a news article that says jailbreaking let's you operate across multiple carriers. Unlocking does not equal jailbreaking.

Also, in the article, it states that apple allows unlocked phones so it doesn't matter.

Back on topic, when I first got my iphone it was like Christmas morning. I ended up with pages and pages of apps.

Years later, I use it for making calls, email and maybe 2 to 3 apps. If I unplug myself fro the Apple matrix, this is pretty much what all smartphones do so I'm not sure if my next phone will be an iphone. Likely it'll be a Samsung.

Back on topic, when I first got my iphone it was like Christmas morning. I ended up with pages and pages of apps.

Years later, I use it for making calls, email and maybe 2 to 3 apps. If I unplug myself fro the Apple matrix, this is pretty much what all smartphones do so I'm not sure if my next phone will be an iphone. Likely it'll be a Samsung.

I've tried a couple of times to do it and I always go back. HTC Evo, GS2 and Samsung galaxy tab. I've given up on them. I don't like the experience at all.
Good luck

Back