Is It a Legitimate Lead?

Why doesn't the telemarketing company call in 3-5 days, and turn it into a lead at that time?

HOw do we know it's not a warm lead? It's suspect, but it's entirely possible that they said "thank God you called, I'm busy now, please call in 3-5 days to set an appointment so that I can know who to write this check out to and for how much".

The lead costs $16 and you are right, how come the lead company won't call the lead in 3-5 days themself? It's because unless they are challenged by the agent, they think their work was a done deal.

HOw do we know it's not a warm lead? It's suspect, but it's entirely possible that they said "thank God you called, I'm busy now, please call in 3-5 days to set an appointment so that I can know who to write this check out to and for how much".

Thats possible.

If they only say call back, I wouldn't want to call it a lead.

It's $16. How qualified are you looking for a telemarketed lead? Thats a great price and if they said call in 3-5 days then call them in 2 days.

Are you getting the recording of the entire phone call or just part of it? If you got the whole call, you should be able to make the decision on whether it is qualified or not?

Regardless of the type of lead no set of leads will be 100% qualified. So if you bought 20 leads(just guessing) and this is the worst of them...you hit a goldmine for the price and quality.

$16 is very cheap and if they gave permission to call in 3-5 days and you have the recording of them saying that, it is a legitimate lead. I would not request credit if I received a lead like that, nor would I expect them to credit me.

The "wait 3-5 days before you call them" is a red flag. What's the vendor's reason for that? Maybe the prospect said "let me think about it" after being hounded by the tele-marketer and the vendor then said an agent will call you back in 3-5 days.

Back